Fordham Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Sofiya345

Fordham Question

Postby Sofiya345 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:15 am

Hey Everyone,

Quick question to all of those familiar with the Fordham admissions process. I have heard that when you apply to Fordham FT program and the admissions folks don't think you are good enough for the FT but might be good for PT, they automatically redirect your app to the PT program, and you can be offered a spot in the PT program instead ?

Looking for some input on whether or not this info. is accurate.

Thanks in advance.

-Sofiya

odon59

Re: Fordham Question

Postby odon59 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:20 am

No, they don't automatically put you into the PT pool. I have heard of people requesting that their application be reconsidered for the PT program, however in my anecdotal experiences with their admissions folks they certainly seem to want PT students who have a valid reason to be in a PT program. At the same time, since I'm most likely going to Fordham PT next year, I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not on the "JV" team. Hope this helps.

IBOS!!!!!

Sofiya345

Postby Sofiya345 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:26 am

odon, thanks for your reply. I guess that rumor kind of snowballed into something some believe is legit info. Since it looks like you are familiar with the PT program, I was wondering if you knew whether or not it would be possible to take regular, day time classes as a FT student would even if you're in PT. Cause again, this may be wrong and prob. is, but there are couple of threads that say that not only is it super easy to transfer to FT from PT, but as long as your schedule allows, you can take all of the FT classes and basically the same number of credits/classes as your FT counterparts. Any input ?

Thanks,
-Sofiya

Sofiya345

Postby Sofiya345 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:30 am

** i meant transfer from PT to FT

odon59

Postby odon59 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:31 am

Sorry to be negative nancy here, but again most of that is incorrect. During the curriculum portion of the ASD, they made it pretty clear that first year Evening (1E's) students take their classes at night with their section, and that you take 2 core courses + LR&W at a time. Starting 2 or possibly 3E (I can't remember) I believe you can start mixing in day time elective courses as your schedule permits, but only after you've completed the required classes.

On a positive note, it does still appear relatively simple to transfer to FT after the first two semesters, though you have to take classes during that first summer to catch up to your new classmates. Btw, there are 24309582 threads on this topic if you want to dig deeper. Good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”