Followup LOCIs Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SilverE2

Silver

Followup LOCIs

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:10 pm

So I already sent some LOCIs to schools I've been waitlisted about 4 weeks ago, and the time is coming to send another batch out. The problem is, there's nothing really new with me since the last ones I sent out. For a second LOCI, is it appropriate just to write a short note, something like "I'm still interested in your school, etc etc..." basically just a few sentences? What have other people done?

SilverE2

Silver

Re: Followup LOCIs

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:19 pm

bbbbbbbbump

Snoopy1216

Bronze

Post by Snoopy1216 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:27 pm

SilverE2 wrote:bbbbbbbbump
I don't really think it's a good idea to send a 2nd LOCI, to schools that waitlisted you, especially after only 4 weeks. You have to imagine that they have already gotten to your file, gave you a decision, have a million others, and now have to review your file again. And, you want to send a second one? And, you have nothing new to say?? :shock: You don't want to piss them off. I would wait a while. If you wrote a strong one, they know you are interested. Give it a little while longer and then you can think about dropping one. Just imo...

kinch

Bronze

Post by kinch » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Just wait.

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:38 am

Isn't the general rule to followup with schools every 4-6 weeks?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

secretasianman

New

Post by secretasianman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am

I recently got put in the hold category at a school and think I should send out an LOCI. Only problem is that I dont know what the hell to put, how long it should be.. etc.

runn3rs

New

Post by runn3rs » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:59 pm

FWIW, I don't think its a good idea to write one that is only a few sentences long. Even if you are just rehashing a past LOCI (which you shouldn't do), you should write enough to fill up a page. If you need, find a letter format that takes up more space in the header but I wouldn't recommend sending an excessively short LOCI, especially after only four weeks. That seems like nagging without even PRETENDING to have something new to say.

xanderdellus

Bronze

Post by xanderdellus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:23 pm

I wouldn't send a LOCI on a hold at all. Unless a particular school has said differently, the LOCI is primarily for after the Wait list decision. If you have already sent one, wait for a decision before writing another letter. You have made your intention known, now take a deep breath and wait.

quetzalcoatl

Bronze

Post by quetzalcoatl » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:41 pm

I havent been waitlisted anywhere yet. (accepted at 2, no reply yet from 5). Is it smart to start writting LOCI's (maybe beginning of March?) if I still havent heard from some schools?

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:45 pm

quetzalcoatl wrote:I havent been waitlisted anywhere yet. (accepted at 2, no reply yet from 5). Is it smart to start writting LOCI's (maybe beginning of March?) if I still havent heard from some schools?
The general consensus on this seems to be NO!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”