(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 929
- Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm
So I already sent some LOCIs to schools I've been waitlisted about 4 weeks ago, and the time is coming to send another batch out. The problem is, there's nothing really new with me since the last ones I sent out. For a second LOCI, is it appropriate just to write a short note, something like "I'm still interested in your school, etc etc..." basically just a few sentences? What have other people done?
- Posts: 245
- Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm
I don't really think it's a good idea to send a 2nd LOCI, to schools that waitlisted you, especially after only 4 weeks. You have to imagine that they have already gotten to your file, gave you a decision, have a million others, and now have to review your file again. And, you want to send a second one? And, you have nothing new to say?? You don't want to piss them off. I would wait a while. If you wrote a strong one, they know you are interested. Give it a little while longer and then you can think about dropping one. Just imo...
- Posts: 35
- Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:23 am
FWIW, I don't think its a good idea to write one that is only a few sentences long. Even if you are just rehashing a past LOCI (which you shouldn't do), you should write enough to fill up a page. If you need, find a letter format that takes up more space in the header but I wouldn't recommend sending an excessively short LOCI, especially after only four weeks. That seems like nagging without even PRETENDING to have something new to say.
- Posts: 156
- Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 am
I wouldn't send a LOCI on a hold at all. Unless a particular school has said differently, the LOCI is primarily for after the Wait list decision. If you have already sent one, wait for a decision before writing another letter. You have made your intention known, now take a deep breath and wait.
- Posts: 719
- Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am
quetzalcoatl wrote:I havent been waitlisted anywhere yet. (accepted at 2, no reply yet from 5). Is it smart to start writting LOCI's (maybe beginning of March?) if I still havent heard from some schools?
The general consensus on this seems to be NO!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests