Will i get the chance...........?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawman335

Will i get the chance...........?

Postby lawman335 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi guys, I just got my LSAT scores and they are kind of low. My GPA is avg to low so i was hoping for a good LSAT for my ticket in. I only studied for LSAT's two weeks and took if the saturday before finals. Anyway my score was 151 and my GPA is 3.3. The schools i was hoping ot get into are HASTINGS, DAVIS, SCU, USF, and UOP. Do you guys think i have a chance or should I retake the LSAT in FEB. Im sure i will get a higher score because i have more time to study. I was taking 25 units last qtr, btw im graduating in three years but i dont know if they considered that. So does anyone have any adivce for me? I am more than happy to hear it. Thanks in advance.

charlesjd

Re: Will i get the chance...........?

Postby charlesjd » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:54 pm

Go to LSP and see. You are deny in the top 100. You are a weak consider at Hofstra, Indiana-Indianapolis, and New Mexico.

Retake the LSAT.

Also, why are you taking the LSAT when you have 3 years left? Retake in like 2.5 years man.

jayn3

Postby jayn3 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:58 pm

forget about the lsat for now, just focus on keeping your gpa high. take it again june before your senior year. consider doing a prep course beforehand.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:00 pm

If you've already taken the LSAT, why did you start a thread asking for advice on how to prepare for the LSAT?

If your numbers are this low and you can't get into any decent schools, why did you start a thread asking for scholarship negotiation advice?

LvingLegend

Postby LvingLegend » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:00 pm

First of all this is a flame. Check out his other posts. He is also saying that he graduated in 3 years not that he will graduate 3 years from now.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:02 pm

You JUST received your score? When did you take the test?

Anyway, you have virtually no shot at any of the schools you listed. I am not sure if you mean you are graduating three years from now or it will have taken you three years to graduate, which you will be doing soon. In the case of the former, I don't know why you are taking the LSAT when you have three years until you graduate. Stop studying for the LSAT, go enjoy college, and bring the GPA up. Worry about the LSAT 3-5 months before the actual test, and actually study for it.

In the case of the latter, however, you are going to need to retake and wait until next cycle. With a decent amount of studying I am sure you can improve on a 151. You will need probably a 164/165 if you want a good shot at the top schools you listed.

Good luck.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Protip: If you see a post or reply from lawman335, it's FLAME/TROLL/DOUCHE.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Hmm... he DOES have 104 posts since he joined - which was yesterday.

Where do these people COME FROM!?

jayn3

Postby jayn3 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:53 pm

he's starting to become one of my favorite posters evar.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”