Disorderly Conduct Addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JSIM462

Disorderly Conduct Addendum

Postby JSIM462 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Thanksgiving Eve, biggest bar night of the year. Came out of a bar in a town with about 6 bars on the one street alone. Crossed a street with some friends on a PED walkway and a cop flew by and almost hit us (he was speeding). Got out of the car and gave me and a couple of my friends a Disorderly Conduct ticket and arrested us. I got a lawyer to get the criminal charge off my record, but apps ask if I have been arrested which I must say yes to even thought I was never convicted.

How can I explain this in the best way and are law schools smart enough to know how stupid this is?

FunkyJD

Re: Disorderly Conduct Addendum

Postby FunkyJD » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:29 pm

JSIM462 wrote:Thanksgiving Eve, biggest bar night of the year. Came out of a bar in a town with about 6 bars on the one street alone. Crossed a street with some friends on a PED walkway and a cop flew by and almost hit us (he was speeding). Got out of the car and gave me and a couple of my friends a Disorderly Conduct ticket and arrested us. I got a lawyer to get the criminal charge off my record, but apps ask if I have been arrested which I must say yes to even thought I was never convicted.

How can I explain this in the best way and are law schools smart enough to know how stupid this is?

Assuming that this is what happened, and that there's not a "rest of the story," you'll be fine. Just briefly explain what happened -- keep it simple -- and mention that the charge was dropped. Then move on with your life and enjoy the Super Bowl tomorrow. This is not something to lose sleep over, IMO.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”