Optimal Timing for Scholarship Requests? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wired

Bronze

Optimal Timing for Scholarship Requests?

Post by wired » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:53 pm

Anyone have any intuition or experience on when is the best time to request an increase in scholarship? I have a few T14 applications out that are long shots. One I doubt I would attend at this point, but I think it would be a great "bargaining chip." However, my gut says that the longer you wait, the more likely it is for a school to become cash strapped and make it more difficult for them to disburse more money.

Thoughts?

lsatgenius

New

Re: Optimal Timing for Scholarship Requests?

Post by lsatgenius » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:10 pm

sorry i don't have an answer for you. just a question: are you planning on just straight out asking them for more money?

...you've got balls.

wired

Bronze

Post by wired » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:12 pm

lsatgenius wrote:sorry i don't have an answer for you. just a question: are you planning on just straight out asking them for more money?

...you've got balls.

I am planning on letting the few schools that I have narrowed it down to that I have a few good options to select from and that I am hoping they can make it more economically feasible for me to select their school.

AffirmativeOffense

New

Post by AffirmativeOffense » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:24 pm

lsatgenius wrote:sorry i don't have an answer for you. just a question: are you planning on just straight out asking them for more money?

...you've got balls.
i didn't know it took balls to ask for more scholarship money... I thought it was just business.

OP, it makes sense to ask sooner rather than later. If you have better offers, use that as leverage. If you have no other acceptances at this point, you have little leverage.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”