Score that schools report to ABA/USNWR?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Xizenta

Score that schools report to ABA/USNWR?

Postby Xizenta » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:56 pm

If a school accepts you before February LSATs are released, does that mean the school will not be able to report your Feb score?

IE, say I got a 168 in December, and a 170 in February... A school accepts me before February scores come out, will they adjust their scholarship offer for the higher score? or do they not have as much incentive to do that, because the number that they report for me is the 168 either way?

Panther7

Re: Score that schools report to ABA/USNWR?

Postby Panther7 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Xizenta wrote:If a school accepts you before February LSATs are released, does that mean the school will not be able to report your Feb score?

IE, say I got a 168 in December, and a 170 in February... A school accepts me before February scores come out, will they adjust their scholarship offer for the higher score? or do they not have as much incentive to do that, because the number that they report for me is the 168 either way?

the reports are delayed a year. rankings are based on the previous cycle, not the current one. by that time, you will have the highest score seeing as you will have been attending law school for nearly half a year.

Xizenta

Postby Xizenta » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Panther7 wrote:
Xizenta wrote:If a school accepts you before February LSATs are released, does that mean the school will not be able to report your Feb score?

the reports are delayed a year. rankings are based on the previous cycle, not the current one. by that time, you will have the highest score seeing as you will have been attending law school for nearly half a year.

I understand that, but the rules could be such that scores released after the school has made a decision do not reflect upon the school.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:17 pm

Xizenta wrote:
Panther7 wrote:

I understand that, but the rules could be such that scores released after the school has made a decision do not reflect upon the school.

That's not the case since law schools don't notify LSAC when decisions are made. The official score reported is your highest LSAT score. Similarly, if you're in college, the official GPA reported counts after graduation. That's why you have UVA offering some people admission on the condition that you graduate with a 3.85.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”