Inequality in LS Admissions Process. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
emalf

New

Re: Inequality in LS Admissions Process.

Post by emalf » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:00 pm

puppins wrote:
emalf wrote: how many more people are there with #s higher than 3.9/168? you probably got in somewhere better with lower numbers because of affirmative action.
talib's #'s pwn you

hth

shut up! are you his bitch?

and, if that's the case, talib, what were your numbers...honestly? and where did you get into?

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:01 pm

I got into the T10 (anti UVA trolling if you were wondering) with a 2.8. Suck it well rounded applicants.

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:01 pm

emalf wrote:
puppins wrote:
emalf wrote: how many more people are there with #s higher than 3.9/168? you probably got in somewhere better with lower numbers because of affirmative action.
talib's #'s pwn you

hth

and, if that's the case, talib, what were your numbers...honestly? and where did you get into?
She is right, sorry you suck bro.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:deleted, quoting and editing fail on my part.
Sauer Grapes wrote:Hi, I'm Dyslexia, have we met?

emalf

New

Post by emalf » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:03 pm

Dwaterman86 wrote:
emalf wrote:
puppins wrote:
talib's #'s pwn you

hth

She is right, sorry you suck bro.
not as much as she sucks talib's wanker.

and my numbers definitely shit on yours.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:03 pm

emalf wrote:Why are law schools so unfair?
Life is unfair.

hth

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:03 pm

emalf wrote:
puppins wrote:
talib's #'s pwn you

hth

After the outing fiasco ~8 hours ago, I don't think this is wise to discuss.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:04 pm

puppins wrote:
talib's #'s pwn you

hth
:lol: This, nice assumption d-bag. Also, GW let me in, bet the stings!

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:04 pm

emalf wrote:
talibkweli wrote:i think it doesnt help anyone to have a silent majority of pissed off people thinking they are being screwed by affirmative action and stuff.

op, i sympathize with your frustration, but remember a couple things:

1. no one is entitled to a spot because of their numbers. ultimately its for the admissions people to select kids on teh basis of a whole host of considerations. you are betraying an insane degree of conceit in acting like you know more than they do.

2. the "special" admits you refer to are few in number. you would have likely been pwned by another white guy had AA never existed.

hth

how many more people are there with #s higher than 3.9/168? you probably got in somewhere better with lower numbers because of affirmative action.
Your score is 96th %. About 145,000 people took the LSAT for this admission cycle. That means about 5,800 scored higher than you. HTH.

Edit: Nevermind, there is no way this can be real.
Last edited by toolshed on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:04 pm

emalf wrote:
not as much as she sucks talib's wanker.

and my numbers definitely shit on yours.

and yet you don't appear to be doing any better than me. So, I think I win.

CyLaw

Gold

Post by CyLaw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:05 pm

emalf wrote: and my numbers definitely shit on yours.
And you really have a lot to show for those numbers considering your amazing acceptances.

Oh Wait. I forgot why this thread was started again.

Mosca

Bronze

Post by Mosca » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:06 pm

emalf wrote:Why are law schools so unfair?

I have already been dinged at 4 schools (Stanford, G'Town, BU and GW). That wouldn't be too big of deal other than the fact that I have a 3.9/168
--ImageRemoved--

loveistheway

New

Post by loveistheway » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:08 pm

very funny post, not terribly original, but well worded nonetheless.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ATOIsp07

Bronze

Post by ATOIsp07 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:11 pm

wow!

it doesn't make sense to blame affirmative action for your lack of success this cycle.

Oh, BTW, I got into GW today and waitlisted at BC just today!

suck it, OP!

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:17 pm

While affirmative action is inherently unfair it probably had a negligible effect on your admission decision. There are simply not enough URM candidates to make a big dent one way or another.

LS admissions is a game, meritocracy, fairness, are not involved. Don't think about it as a judgment of your character, just think about it like losing a game and move on.

Zojirushi

Bronze

Post by Zojirushi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Borhas wrote: LS admissions is a game, meritocracy, fairness, are not involved. Don't think about it as a judgment of your character, just think about it like losing a game and move on.
Probably the best advice I have heard regarding this process.

ATOIsp07

Bronze

Post by ATOIsp07 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:19 pm

Borhas wrote:Furthermore, while affirmative action is inherently unfair it probably had a negligible effect on your admission decision. There are simply not enough URM candidates to make a big dent one way or another.

LS admissions is a game, meritocracy, fairness, are not involved. Don't think about it as a judgment of your character, just think about it like losing a game and move on.

1.) AA isn't inherently unfair
2.) Let's be honest, schools have a set quota of what types? of people to admit. Though I don't believe his position, I can see how a person in OP's predicament can see how AA impeded him, at least in some way shape or form.

either way though, OP, God's not on your side.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:21 pm

ATOIsp07 wrote:
Borhas wrote:Furthermore, while affirmative action is inherently unfair it probably had a negligible effect on your admission decision. There are simply not enough URM candidates to make a big dent one way or another.

2.) Let's be honest, schools have a set quota of what types? of people to admit. Though I don't believe his position, I can see how a person in OP's predicament can see how AA impeded him, at least in some way shape or form.

just so you know, even though op is a troll, telling people to "suck it" and laughing at them only breeds more resentment and votes like in california and michigan making AA illegal.

put yourself in, say, a poor white guy's shoes when you think about this stuff. i dont like it when people are unable to show basic empathy.
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Should have been president of the UG student body bro

booboo

Silver

Post by booboo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 pm

kittenmittons wrote:Should have been president of the UG student body bro
God damn kitten, such win posts.

Zojirushi

Bronze

Post by Zojirushi » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:24 pm

ATOIsp07 wrote: 1.) AA isn't inherently unfair
Not when you realize that LSAT/GPA aren't the only metrics used in evaluation of an application. Unfortunately, as a white male, these are pretty much the only metrics utilized.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ATOIsp07

Bronze

Post by ATOIsp07 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:25 pm

talibkweli wrote:
ATOIsp07 wrote:

just so you know, even though op is a troll, telling people to "suck it" and laughing at them only breeds more resentment and votes like in california and michigan making AA illegal.

put yourself in, say, a poor white guy's shoes when you think about this stuff. i dont like it when people are unable to show basic empathy.

yea, but he could display that same empathy for the URMs he's blatantly disrespecting as well....he's assuming there's no possibility that: A.) there are URMs with better numbers than his and B.) URMs don't deserve to attend law school, in saying that they're "usually at the bottom of the class".

ATOIsp07

Bronze

Post by ATOIsp07 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:25 pm

Zojirushi wrote:
ATOIsp07 wrote: 1.) AA isn't inherently unfair
Not when you realize that LSAT/GPA aren't the only metrics used in evaluation of an application. Unfortunately, as a white male, these are pretty much the only metrics utilized.
I'm pretty sure there's a decent amount of non-URM applicants who had sub-median numbers and got into good schools.

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:26 pm

ATOIsp07 wrote:

God is on everybody's side, friend.

It's best not to get involved in a flame war over AA, we've both probably considered the merits of this issue thoroughly already...

Maybe the OP is a troll, maybe he's just pissed, but this is a stressful time for everybody. Probably just best for all involved too cool off.
talibkweli wrote:
ATOIsp07 wrote:

this is wise
Last edited by Borhas on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:27 pm

ATOIsp07 wrote:
yea, but he could display that same empathy for the URMs he's blatantly disrespecting as well....he's assuming there's no possibility that: A.) there are URMs with better numbers than his and B.) URMs don't deserve to attend law school, in saying that they're "usually at the bottom of the class".
oh of course. he called me out specifically man, and i could be immature and mock his numbers openly, but that wouldn't be helpful.

anyway, lets just not fan this flame thread anymore.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”