AM I BEING PARANOID OR NOT TO WORRY? PLEASE ADVISE Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
fallofrome213

New

AM I BEING PARANOID OR NOT TO WORRY? PLEASE ADVISE

Post by fallofrome213 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:51 pm

hey everyone,

i just sent an email addendum out to the 17 or so schools i have already applied to detailing a positive update to my app. in the "to" area of the email i had the email address of one school, and in the "bcc" area i had the email addresses of all 16 other schools. i now know that when the other schools received my email, it had the email address of the school listed in the "to:" area...so it basically looked liked most of the schools i sent it too received an email that was meant for the school listed in the "to" area. i got emails back saying they would add the extra info to my application, but im worried the admissions people are going to knock me for my little email mishap.

am i being overly paranoid? or should i do something about it? if so, what?

the only reason im worried is because ive read on tls about how people will get rejected or wled for having a different school's name on a personal statement or somethign to that effect. i know what i did is not the same, but i feel like it might be looked upon badly.

thoughts?

thanks!

grifter

New

Re: AM I BEING PARANOID OR NOT TO WORRY? PLEASE ADVISE

Post by grifter » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:16 pm

I know exactly how you feel, but what do you think you can do to remedy the situation without looking like a pathetic joke. Now, they know what other schools you have applied to - whoopty doo. Each of these schools know you have applied to other schools (they are aware that they compete for stellar students with other institutions) but I will assume that they'll rather not have that information.

It's like you chasing after this girl and you know that chances are they are other guys chasing after her too. Would you like to know what other guys woo her and take her on dates, and what they do on their dates? Probably not. What if this information falls on your lap, could you use it seeing as you already have it? Probably so.

I guess my point is that schools knowing what other schools you applied to is not that big of a deal except that they now have an idea of what your safeties, targets, and reaches are. Again, this is supposedly common knowledge that candidates do apply to more than one school. So relax and know that there is absolutely nothing you can say or do to blow smoke into the eyes of these intelligent people.
Last edited by grifter on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:10 pm

This is absolutely nothing to worry about. Feel free to go back to normal appplication paranoia mode.

JordynAsh

Bronze

Post by JordynAsh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:14 pm

fallofrome213 wrote:hey everyone,

i just sent an email addendum out to the 17 or so schools i have already applied to detailing a positive update to my app. in the "to" area of the email i had the email address of one school, and in the "bcc" area i had the email addresses of all 16 other schools. i now know that when the other schools received my email, it had the email address of the school listed in the "to:" area...so it basically looked liked most of the schools i sent it too received an email that was meant for the school listed in the "to" area. i got emails back saying they would add the extra info to my application, but im worried the admissions people are going to knock me for my little email mishap.

the only reason im worried is because ive read on tls about how people will get rejected or wled for having a different school's name on a personal statement or somethign to that effect. i know what i did is not the same, but i feel like it might be looked upon badly.

thoughts?

thanks!
Hmm, so I take it you "used up" all your capital letters in the post title?

More srsly, don't worry about it.

UF Gators

Bronze

Post by UF Gators » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:21 pm

JordynAsh wrote:
fallofrome213 wrote:hey everyone,

thoughts?

thanks!
Hmm, so I take it you "used up" all your capital letters in the post title?

More srsly, don't worry about it.
:lol:

fallofrome213

New

Post by fallofrome213 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:20 pm

haha alrighty then, thanks for the input everyone. ill stop the hyperventilating!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”