Best Admissions Package

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ravens20

Re: Best Admissions Package

Postby ravens20 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:34 pm

quetzalcoatl wrote:To be clear, Im talking about the physical package sent to you after acceptance. What school sends you the coolest one? Duke's was very cool. A portfolio, some stuff (bookmark, keychain), and a very well made booklet with school info. Do some schools send more stuff/ better stuff? Ive heard some say that Stanford sends out a shirt or something.

+1...I loved Duke's

TheSharklord

Postby TheSharklord » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Penn has a pretty sweet/extensive portfolio thing. =)

UVA gave me money. I was busy being distracted by the piece of paper to notice the whole package. ;)

rockchalk86

Postby rockchalk86 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:09 pm

Michigan's was awesome! They give you a flash drive with a MichLaw video on it. Plus the clear portfolio you can put your future stuff in. I think i have gotten four or five mailings from them so far. Letter, scholly, portfolio, book with faculty, and a housing package. You really need that binder with all the stuff they send.

I am hoping my Penn portfolio comes tomorrow... I will let you all know if it compares to Michigan.

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:20 pm

I second the Tulane nomination. The packaging was the bag for cryin out loud!
the scholly just made it shine some more.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:29 pm

UFMatt wrote:Notre Dame's was quite nice. Sounds a bit like Vanderbilt, in the sense that it was shipped in a priority box and included a giant student-created handbook, a nice folder with lot of pamphlets, letters, etc. I know they sent me a car decal too, but it might have been in a separate mailing.

the car decal was in the folder. twas nice

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Stanford t-shirt fits me well.

fkaKingsCollege

Postby fkaKingsCollege » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:35 am

Cardozo's package came in a ziploc bag. :lol: :D

Bustang

Postby Bustang » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:43 am

ASU's was by far the best i've received thus far. Oklahoma was the most personal (entire paragraph written by the Dean).

DoctorNick189

Postby DoctorNick189 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:49 am

lawyering wrote:
bitlrc wrote:i imagine any package that contains a message stating that you were accepted to h/y/s would be the coolest

Harvard's was surprisingly underwhelming. They have a "green" electronic viewbook (yay environment).

Green is the new crimson.

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:13 am

Duke comes in first, with Columbia as a close second (the sent 2 envelopes after all...)

NYU definitely gets the weakest, maybe I'm missing something but aside from the cool purple envelope it was just a letter of admission, and a letter for enrolling.

Yale's acceptance package sounds insane.

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:19 am

NYU will be sending more soon

tintin

Postby tintin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:20 am

Penn's giant folder was pretty great. best ive gotten so far i think.

jtemp320

Postby jtemp320 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:13 am

Wanted to find the right place to express my amazement with the GULC student ambassador package I received. So pretty I didn't want to unwrap it...

neonx

Postby neonx » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:23 am

1. Columbia: vomit coloured envelope or not; the design details were aesthetically pleasing; the content, useful and numerous.
2. UVA: beautiful glossies and photography; assembled very nicely.
3 (tied). Penn: useful blue portfolio (although doesn't really hold up well after a few days)
3 (tied). Duke: same as Penn (material's more durable though.
5. Michigan: the transparent yellow folder was a nice touch; flash drive (though Illinois had the best looking drive; WUSTL, mediocre)
6. Minnesota: classy folder; wonderful colour scheme.
Last edited by neonx on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:28 am

I'd like to contribute to this thread but I haven't been accepted into enough law schools to have a good base of comparison! :|

That said, the WUSTL folder was really nice. The flash disk was a nice touch.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:06 am

jtemp320 wrote:Wanted to find the right place to express my amazement with the GULC student ambassador package I received. So pretty I didn't want to unwrap it...

Totally agree with this! It's in a legit case that's actually usable...for the people who actually end up there anyway.

neonx

Postby neonx » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:10 am

law_monkey wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:Wanted to find the right place to express my amazement with the GULC student ambassador package I received. So pretty I didn't want to unwrap it...

Totally agree with this! It's in a legit case that's actually usable...for the people who actually end up there anyway.

Okay, Georgetown's recent mailing was excellent, but it was a package sent from Student Ambassadors. The Law Center's initial "postcard" acceptance from the Dean/Admissions Office was less than flattering as far as admissions package go, IMO.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:24 am

neonx wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Okay, Georgetown's recent mailing was excellent, but it was a package sent from Student Ambassadors. The Law Center's initial "postcard" acceptance from the Dean/Admissions Office was less than flattering as far as admissions package go, IMO.

Is this the leather thing people speak of? I haven't gotten one (hopefully my mail's just being slow as usual, but maybe they don't send internationally...)

jtemp320

Postby jtemp320 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:27 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
neonx wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Is this the leather thing people speak of? I haven't gotten one (hopefully my mail's just being slow as usual, but maybe they don't send internationally...)

Yes and good points...Northwestern sent a leather folio as well (though no the quality of the Georgetown ambassador package) but I would feel weird using either if I dont end up at GULC or NU next year

hokie

Postby hokie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:28 am

bookmarked; this thread is awesome! But as of now, can't say I really have anything awesome to contribute........but hopefully soon!

cmob

Postby cmob » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:00 am

Cooley's auto-reply e-mail is pretty neat.

Plus, LSAC will follow up with a sympathy card and a shot glass.

dkt4

Postby dkt4 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:46 am

crackberry wrote:Stanford t-shirt fits me well.

my app says i played D1 football.

stanford sent me an adult medium t-shirt :?

almightypush

Postby almightypush » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:09 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:Yale's was pretty sweet, though. Gigantic, impressive binder, an emblazoned mug, and a handwritten letter from the Admissions Dean.

:cry: They only sent me the binder. I feel unloved.

TyrodTaylor

Postby TyrodTaylor » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:36 am

cmob wrote:Cooley's auto-reply e-mail is pretty neat.

Plus, LSAC will follow up with a sympathy card and a shot glass.

+1

shoop

Postby shoop » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:32 pm

jtemp320 wrote:
Yes and good points...Northwestern sent a leather folio as well (though no the quality of the Georgetown ambassador package) but I would feel weird using either if I dont end up at GULC or NU next year

Does the Northwestern thinger say Northwestern Law, or just Northwestern? If I a) get one and b) don't attend NU Law, I have some friends who were NU undergrads who might want it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”