Does Law Schools prefer Work Experience Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawbull335

New

Does Law Schools prefer Work Experience

Post by lawbull335 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Hello - I am currently finishing up my personal statements, having my LoRs sent in, and finishing up my resume. I am still trying to figure out what schools I would have the shot at getting in because my gpa was a 2.8 and my lsat was a 153 (only had 5 weeks to study). I do have one thing going for me and thats my job. I have been serving for almost two years. I have some incredible work experience and participated in many community service projects. I know this helps a lot, but at what schools?

Thanks for any advice/help.

kinch

Bronze

Re: Does Law Schools prefer Work Experience

Post by kinch » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:52 pm

I don't think it helps THAT much, except with Northwestern, but that doesn't really matter with your numbers. If it's possible, retake the LSAT.

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:54 pm

do

ATOIsp07

Bronze

Post by ATOIsp07 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Is yous serious?

manbearwig

Bronze

Post by manbearwig » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:55 pm

lawbull335 wrote:Hello - I am currently finishing up my personal statements, having my LoRs sent in, and finishing up my resume. I am still trying to figure out what schools I would have the shot at getting in because my gpa was a 2.8 and my lsat was a 153 (only had 5 weeks to study). I do have one thing going for me and thats my job. I have been serving for almost two years. I have some incredible work experience and participated in many community service projects. I know this helps a lot, but at what schools?

Thanks for any advice/help.
Work experience helps, but only if you have the numbers. For example, if you did awesome on your LSAT, but your GPA is a bit low, like low 3.xx, work experience can make up for that. However, both of your numbers are really low, like there are few T4 schools that are possible admits. If your numbers are that low, two years of WE won't mean anything.

As much as this sucks, your best bet is to retake the LSAT, this time studying for it a lot more.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Substantive work experience helps at any school, but with your numbers, I would strongly recommending retaking the LSAT as no school worth going to is going to admit you.

ariadne86

New

Post by ariadne86 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Flame...look at his other post proclaiming a 4.0/174 and the fact that he hasn't started his applications: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=106517

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:58 pm

This is perhaps the weirdest flame ever.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”