Thinking to rejoin Pls advice......

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawbull335
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Thinking to rejoin Pls advice......

Postby lawbull335 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Thank you for this valuable forum and for any responses to the below:

One of my friend voluntarily withdrew from a top Canadian law school after completing 1st year in 2003 due to compelling personal circumstances. Did not study at all and grades were Cs/Bs. He accumulated very strong work experience since then but remain interested in law school. He plan to apply to Canadian and US law schools. LSAT is only 164 (from a few months ago). Capable of scoring up to 170 on retest but feel that in my situation time is better spent writing good applications. Top choices include Boalt and Northwestern but also have "safety" schools. My 2 most basic questions are:

1) Is my Friend I allowed to start law school again at a new school?
2) Is he ethically or otherwise obliged to i) inform the schools that I withdrew from a law school 7 years ago, and ii) include the transcript in my application?

Answers to the above and any other suggestions most appreciated. Thanks again.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Thinking to rejoin Pls advice......

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:10 pm

lawbull335 wrote:Thank you for this valuable forum and for any responses to the below:

One of my friend voluntarily withdrew from a top Canadian law school after completing 1st year in 2003 due to compelling personal circumstances. Did not study at all and grades were Cs/Bs. He accumulated very strong work experience since then but remain interested in law school. He plan to apply to Canadian and US law schools. LSAT is only 164 (from a few months ago). Capable of scoring up to 170 on retest but feel that in my situation time is better spent writing good applications. Top choices include Boalt and Northwestern but also have "safety" schools. My 2 most basic questions are:

1) Is my Friend I allowed to start law school again at a new school?
2) Is he ethically or otherwise obliged to i) inform the schools that I withdrew from a law school 7 years ago, and ii) include the transcript in my application?

Answers to the above and any other suggestions most appreciated. Thanks again.


QF outing yourself as "your friend"

yeff
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Thinking to rejoin Pls advice......

Postby yeff » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:04 pm

"lawbull335", is this a case of dissociative identity disorder, or what? I suppose the "capable of scoring up to 170" and "having trouble breaking 170" claims can technically co-exist, but...

lawbull335 wrote:I withdrew from a law school 7 years ago....


lawbull335 wrote:I am an engineering student and I am planning to go to law school.


lawbull335 wrote:my major by itself will be pretty much useless


lawbull335 wrote:Im just starting my undergrad this year, but Im pretty sure that I wanna go to law school after Im done


lawbull335 wrote:I am currently finishing up my personal statements, having my LoRs sent in, and finishing up my resume.


lawbull335 wrote:Capable of scoring up to 170 on retest


lawbull335 wrote:I am having trouble breaking 170.


lawbull335 wrote:my lsat was a 153


lawbull335 wrote:I am currently finishing up my personal statements, having my LoRs sent in, and finishing up my resume.


lawbull335 wrote:I plan to apply during the next cycle.


lawbull335 wrote:my gpa was a 2.8


lawbull335 wrote:My GPA (in the range of 3.0-3.5, midway)


lawbull335 wrote:Apparently I'm getting a phone call from someone at Harvard soon.


lawbull335 wrote:I am only planning to apply to schools located in California.


What's going on?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/search.php?author_id=54708&sr=posts

User avatar
Billy Blanks
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: Thinking to rejoin Pls advice......

Postby Billy Blanks » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:06 pm

^^hahahahhaa

ariadne86
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Thinking to rejoin Pls advice......

Postby ariadne86 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:12 pm

yeff wrote:"lawbull335", is this a case of dissociative identity disorder, or what? I suppose the "capable of scoring up to 170" and "having trouble breaking 170" claims can technically co-exist, but...

lawbull335 wrote:I withdrew from a law school 7 years ago....


lawbull335 wrote:I am an engineering student and I am planning to go to law school.


lawbull335 wrote:my major by itself will be pretty much useless


lawbull335 wrote:Im just starting my undergrad this year, but Im pretty sure that I wanna go to law school after Im done


lawbull335 wrote:I am currently finishing up my personal statements, having my LoRs sent in, and finishing up my resume.


lawbull335 wrote:Capable of scoring up to 170 on retest


lawbull335 wrote:I am having trouble breaking 170.


lawbull335 wrote:my lsat was a 153


lawbull335 wrote:I am currently finishing up my personal statements, having my LoRs sent in, and finishing up my resume.


lawbull335 wrote:I plan to apply during the next cycle.


lawbull335 wrote:my gpa was a 2.8


lawbull335 wrote:My GPA (in the range of 3.0-3.5, midway)


lawbull335 wrote:Apparently I'm getting a phone call from someone at Harvard soon.


lawbull335 wrote:I am only planning to apply to schools located in California.


What's going on?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/search.php?author_id=54708&sr=posts


Excellent job outing his bs

User avatar
moandersen
Posts: 819
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Re: Thinking to rejoin Pls advice......

Postby moandersen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:15 pm

Where is an admin ban when you need one? This guy is spamming a new bogus thread every 10 minutes....

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Thinking to rejoin Pls advice......

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Ridiculous.

*banning*




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: batlaw, Beercules, Bing [Bot], carlos_danger and 5 guests