LOR question, recommender is now at another school

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MPMP

New

LOR question, recommender is now at another school

Postby MPMP » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:39 pm

Quick question - I got a A in a tough class taught by a law professor who teaches an undergrad law class at my university in the fall and then teaches at a T25 law school in the Spring. I could really use stronger letters of recommendation ... I have already been waitlisted at one of the schools I applied to, and I expect to end up on at least one more waitlist, so I think an additional LOR from this professor could be valuable.

Have any of you ever attempted to have a LOR filed from someone who is on the other side of the country? Would it be rude to ask him to send out letters to 3 or 4 different schools (I'm leaning towards 'yes') , and if so, how can I get him the LSAC sheet to attach to the letter so that they can pair it with my file?

anothernancydrew

Bronze

Re: LOR question, recommender is now at another school

Postby anothernancydrew » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:45 pm

This is a really easy fix. Print out the barcode cover letter and sign it. Then you can either just mail it to him or scan it and email him a copy.

MPMP

New

Postby MPMP » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Brilliant! I didn't want to deal with mailing it to him because I was hoping to get it in as soon as possible, but scanning it and emailing will definitely work. Thanks.

hsprophet

Bronze

Postby hsprophet » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:18 pm

You really had to ask how to get a letter across the country? Never heard of the post office? There's also FedEx, fax, email, and carrier pigeons.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�