Words I never want to see again.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Snoopy1216

Re: Words I never want to see again.

Postby Snoopy1216 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:41 pm

BlankC wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:"Diagonalizable" and "Fourier"

What the heck do these mean. D:

1+ I have never heard anyone use these words in my life... LOL

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Gonorrhea: Positive

itsfine

Postby itsfine » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:42 pm

mauve

odon59

Postby odon59 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:44 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:"Diagonalizable" and "Fourier"

What's wrong with "Fourier"?

DoctorNick189

Postby DoctorNick189 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:45 pm

"We have decided that we cannot offer you admission at this time and are placing you on our waiting list."

"Heteronormative."

"ITE"

"less" when it should be "fewer"

"over-saturated"

"prestigious"

"moist"

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:45 pm

FWIW, I think that especially in this ITE, in order to get into the ideal school, we need to focus on our unique attributes and how they can bring diversity to the student body, not just the prestige of said school; at the same time, we need to be reasonable about our expectations and must juxtapose the financial incentives of going to a higher-ranked school at sticker or attending a TTT on scholarship, and it's also totes a good idea to see what your hubby/wifee thinks about all this, especially if wifee is preggers.

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:47 pm

ccs1702 wrote:FWIW, I think that especially in this ITE, in order to get into the ideal school, we need to focus on our unique attributes and how they can bring diversity to the student body, not just the prestige of said school; at the same time, we need to be reasonable about our expectations and must juxtapose the financial incentives of going to a higher-ranked school at sticker or attending a TTT on scholarship, and it's also totes a good idea to see what your hubby/wifee thinks about all this, especially if wifee is preggers.

+1 - it actually makes sense!

UF Gators

Postby UF Gators » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:47 pm

ccs1702 wrote:FWIW, I think that especially in this ITE, in order to get into the ideal school, we need to focus on our unique attributes and how they can bring diversity to the student body, not just the prestige of said school; at the same time, we need to be reasonable about our expectations and must juxtapose the financial incentives of going to a higher-ranked school at sticker or attending a TTT on scholarship, and it's also totes a good idea to see what your hubby/wifee thinks about all this, especially if wifee is preggers.

zOMG you are a douche!

Pearalegal

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:47 pm

What? I don't get it.

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:48 pm

ksgator wrote:

zOMG you are a douche!

:(

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:50 pm

ksgator wrote:

zOMG you are a douche!

TINTCR

BlankC

Postby BlankC » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:51 pm

You forgot the gonorrhea!

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:53 pm

BlankC wrote:

That's what she said?

Rawlsian

Postby Rawlsian » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:56 pm

"fail" used as a predicate nominative

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:57 pm

BlankC wrote:
ccs1702 wrote:FWIW, I think that especially in this ITE, in order to get into the ideal school, we need to focus on our unique attributes and how they can bring diversity to the student body, not just the prestige of said school; at the same time, due to rampant gohorrhea, we need to be reasonable about our expectations and must juxtapose the financial incentives of going to a higher-ranked school at sticker or attending a TTT on scholarship, and it's also totes a good idea to see what your hubby/wifee thinks about all this, especially if wifee is preggers, which is major fail IMHO.

Rawlsian wrote:"fail" used as a predicate nominative

swimbrad

Postby swimbrad » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:59 pm

"on hold"

watts

Postby watts » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:04 pm

'Thank you' and 'unfortunately' in the same sentence.

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:06 pm

"Punxsutawney Phil"

DavidYurman85

Postby DavidYurman85 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:08 pm

-That being said
-mailer daemon
-an urm

booboo

Postby booboo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:12 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:"Punxsutawney Phil"

I know what they say about Wikipedia... but still...

"Punxsutawney Phil lore

Punxsutawney Phil fans say that there is only one Phil (all the other groundhog weathermen are imposters), and that he has made weather prognostications for over 120 years as of 2010. They say that every summer, Phil is fed a sip of the mysterious Groundhog Punch, which magically lengthens his life for seven years. This is done by Inner Circle members.[3] According to the Groundhog Club, Phil, after making the prediction, speaks to the Club President in "Groundhogese", which only the Inner Circle appear to understand, and then his prediction is translated for the entire world.

Data shows, however, groundhogs (widely known as woodchucks) have a maximum lifespan of 10 years in captivity or 6 years in the wild.[4] Thus it is certain that Phil has been replaced many times. The actual method whereby the Inner Circle makes the "prediction" is unknown."

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:15 pm

"California School of Law"

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:16 pm

"We regret to inform you"

inordertologin

Postby inordertologin » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:46 pm

congrats

sapp

Postby sapp » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:48 pm

"decision letter" instead of "acceptance letter/package" or "rejection letter"

Lets call a spade a spade people!

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:54 pm

DoctorNick189 wrote:"We have decided that we cannot offer you admission at this time and are placing you on our waiting list."

"Heteronormative."

"ITE"

"less" when it should be "fewer"

"over-saturated"

"prestigious"

"moist"

"'less' when it should be 'fewer'"
YES! Why does no one get this!?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”