Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
badfish
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby badfish » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:22 pm

NYU 1L

Nobody I know feels sad to be here.

User avatar
jack duluoz
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby jack duluoz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:24 pm

LSlobbyist wrote:Shrug. It's all about self-perception. Robert Kennedy was a Virginia Law alumnus. Earl Warren went to Berkeley Law. And on the other hand, William Jefferson (the Louisiana congressman convicted on bribery charges) was a Harvard Law alumnus. Granted, these are isolated examples, but they can also serve to demonstrate that within the top 20 schools or so, it's not always about where you go, but what you do while there and how you ultimately decide to use your degree. If you're going to one of these schools, you've been presented with an unbelievable opportunity--one that you shouldn't take for granted.

God help you if you need the name of a school in the top 5 (which, by the way, is determined by a highly disputed formula by a magazine--something that you already knew, but something to keep in mind when looking at this) to validate the worth of your degree.


FYI, Robert Kennedy's father is completely responsible for RFK's admission. Upon graduation, his father's connections landed him a job...must be nice.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby 09042014 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:27 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
TaipeiMort wrote:More like anti-NYU trolling.

In four years it will be:

HYS*CC*NBP*VCGDMN*

*= Logical Breaks.


Maybe for NYC placement only. For nationwide its more like HYS*CC*NBPVCDMN*G


RANCID Cornell trolling


Cornell may be the worst school in the T13 but it has a lock on NYC firms.

User avatar
big_blue79
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:07 am

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby big_blue79 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:28 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:Any bets on how long this thread is going to be?


Won't go over two pages.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby kittenmittons » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:29 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
TaipeiMort wrote:More like anti-NYU trolling.

In four years it will be:

HYS*CC*NBP*VCGDMN*

*= Logical Breaks.


Maybe for NYC placement only. For nationwide its more like HYS*CC*NBPVCDMN*G


RANCID Cornell trolling


Cornell may be the worst school in the T13 but it has a lock on NYC firms.


Blatant anti-Georgetown trolling

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby oneforship » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:31 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Cornell may be the worst school in the T13 but it has a lock on NYC firms.


Blatant anti-[strike]Georgetown[/strike]UCLA trolling

User avatar
aIvin adams
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby aIvin adams » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:43 pm

my roommate is at ucla and she was stoked bc she was probably gonna go to davis before she was admitted to ucla. and she was wayyy more excited about going to ucla.

for me, i might be able to get into ucla but prolly not. even if i did, tho, i'd rather go to asu. way cheaper and i want to work here (let alone live here for the next 3 years..ive lived in LA and it wasnt for me)

every boat floats in its own moat

i coulda gone lots of places for UG prolly but im glad i went where i did bc i saved money.

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby reasonabledoubt » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:46 pm

I completely understand the "it's all relative" stance on this subject but before investigating that any further.... I have a somewhat related question.

If you get into a relative reach with $0 scholarship money while considering throwing away lower ranked options with $$, could you potentially put off enrollment (or withdraw accepted app) retake LSAT, kill it this time, then reapply in hopes of securing some scholarship? I'd imagine this is a figurative kick in the nuts for adcomms which would likely be met with an instant-reject of you and your 170+ even if you did reapply in a later cycle which is why I'm asking: Is there any way to do this right and possibly win? This too is a serious question which I hope doesn't incite the eyeless smiling pear monster.

frix0803
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby frix0803 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:48 pm

im_blue wrote:
TaipeiMort wrote:More like anti-NYU trolling.

In four years it will be:

HYS*CC*NBP*VCGDMN*

*= Logical Breaks.


That is some anti-VA+Mich trolling

HYS*CC*NMVPB*DNCG


+1

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7124
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby los blancos » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:51 pm

badfish wrote:NYU 1L

Nobody I know feels sad to be here.


[derailing thread]

any wisdom to share on how OCI is going for NYU 2Ls?

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby englawyer » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
TaipeiMort wrote:More like anti-NYU trolling.

In four years it will be:

HYS*CC*NBP*VCGDMN*

*= Logical Breaks.


Maybe for NYC placement only. For nationwide its more like HYS*CC*NBPVCDMN*G


RANCID Cornell trolling


Cornell may be the worst school in the T13 but it has a lock on NYC firms.


haha i am going to join in this trend of calling it the T13. this is how it all starts??

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby dresden doll » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Has anyone already asked WTF is T5? I only know of HYS and CCN; I didn't know we had started to subtly break down CCN into smaller components. My brain feels fried from five monts of feeling like a fail at CCN, so I can't be bothered to read this whole thread.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby beef wellington » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:37 pm

dresden doll wrote:Has anyone already asked WTF is T5? I only know of HYS and CCN; I didn't know we had started to subtly break down CCN into smaller components. My brain feels fried from five monts of feeling like a fail at CCN, so I can't be bothered to read this whole thread.

ITT we also learned about the T13.

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby dresden doll » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:39 pm

beef wellington wrote:
dresden doll wrote:Has anyone already asked WTF is T5? I only know of HYS and CCN; I didn't know we had started to subtly break down CCN into smaller components. My brain feels fried from five monts of feeling like a fail at CCN, so I can't be bothered to read this whole thread.

ITT we also learned about the T13.


Egregious anti-GULC trolling has been around for quite some time but I did not know it had reached that level. The more you know...

User avatar
thecubiclelife
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby thecubiclelife » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:42 pm

boilercat wrote:
[derailing thread]



Uh, that happened a long time ago.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:44 pm

holydonkey wrote:Like sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives.


BRUCE LEE BABY

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby 09042014 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:09 pm

englawyer wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Maybe for NYC placement only. For nationwide its more like HYS*CC*NBPVCDMN*G


RANCID Cornell trolling


Cornell may be the worst school in the T13 but it has a lock on NYC firms.


haha i am going to join in this trend of calling it the T13. this is how it all starts??


I sincerely hope so.

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:14 am

Desert Fox wrote:
englawyer wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Cornell may be the worst school in the T13 but it has a lock on NYC firms.


haha i am going to join in this trend of calling it the T13. this is how it all starts??


I sincerely hope so.

:? Abomination.

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby Stringer Bell » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:21 am

dresden doll wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
dresden doll wrote:Has anyone already asked WTF is T5? I only know of HYS and CCN; I didn't know we had started to subtly break down CCN into smaller components. My brain feels fried from five monts of feeling like a fail at CCN, so I can't be bothered to read this whole thread.

ITT we also learned about the T13.


Egregious anti-GULC trolling has been around for quite some time but I did not know it had reached that level. The more you know...


I've seen an anti-UVA troll post about a T-9 designation.

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby Joan Hollaway » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:22 am

so this is where all of USS:BP has been spending the night, figures

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby prezidentv8 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:23 am

Bosque wrote:What? Hell no. We like our school and we are happy to be here. This thread is silly. You are silly.


F**k yeah!

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby im_blue » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:58 am

Stringer Bell wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
beef wellington wrote:
dresden doll wrote:Has anyone already asked WTF is T5? I only know of HYS and CCN; I didn't know we had started to subtly break down CCN into smaller components. My brain feels fried from five monts of feeling like a fail at CCN, so I can't be bothered to read this whole thread.

ITT we also learned about the T13.


Egregious anti-GULC trolling has been around for quite some time but I did not know it had reached that level. The more you know...


I've seen an anti-UVA troll post about a T-9 designation.


With the way CA is heading, T9 is actually anti-Boalt.

SandyC877
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:27 am

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby SandyC877 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:50 am

of course people will feel like shit. your HYS prestige will be remembered after 70yrs or so of your life, and you get to take them with you into your after-life.
i'd definitely care that the guy next to me got his JD from HYS as much as i care about which bar Lindsay Lohan threw up at last.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby booboo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:14 am

im_blue wrote:
Stringer Bell wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
beef wellington wrote:ITT we also learned about the T13.


Egregious anti-GULC trolling has been around for quite some time but I did not know it had reached that level. The more you know...


I've seen an anti-UVA troll post about a T-9 designation.


With the way CA is heading, T9 is actually anti-Boalt.


And looking at the way Boalt jumps around on the rankings (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eF5IpaOMmrY/SewXHSA8RiI/AAAAAAAAAM0/e-F_a44JEQE/s1600-h/USNWRT14.png ) I wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

User avatar
aIvin adams
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Re: Do T-6 to t-14's feel like failures for 3 years?

Postby aIvin adams » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:38 am

SandyC877 wrote:i'd definitely care that the guy next to me got his JD from HYS as much as i care about which bar Lindsay Lohan threw up at last.


:lol:




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], LesPaul1995, missamerica, Nayanthika and 3 guests