Man, I should have applied to...

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TheSharklord

Re: Man, I should have applied to...

Postby TheSharklord » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:12 pm

sufjan wrote:
ntzsch wrote:
sufjan wrote:fewer

but also cooley to see how much they would pay me

cooley literally has a formula where you put in your lsat/gpa and it gives you a % amount that will be deducted from your tuition:

http://www.cooley.edu/overview/tuition.html

a 163 automatically is a 100% scholly.
a 153 is a 50%

wow. just wow.

Amazing. Wish I had applied for scholly leverage =P

timelovesahero

Postby timelovesahero » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:26 pm

I had a dream where my girlfriend yelled at me for not applying to NYU...so I guess NYU?

UFMatt

Postby UFMatt » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Surprisingly no regrets. I suppose that is the result of blanketing the T20-T30 and getting some great offers. I suppose I could've added WUSTL from a rankings standpoint, but I have zero desire to attend. If anything, my regret lies in underperforming slightly on the LSAT, which made sneaking into T14 much less likely in this ultra-competitive year.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:19 pm

I have a really big upward grade trend that is making me second guess if I aimed high enough, even though I know the consensus is it doesn't matter that much. My rationale was regardless of trends in my GPA, my LSAT still isn't going to get me into anywhere in the 15-20 range. I am hoping the trend may play a factor in the other schools I applied to I am considering reaches (BC, BU, ND, WM, Emory, etc.)

amichig

Postby amichig » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:30 pm

I threw in a last minute application to ASU last week and am just now finishing up my Why Tulane essay and plan on submitting it tonight. I had fee waivers that I hadn't used for both and was starting to panic about $150,000 in loans, so I though I would throw out a few more apps that might generate some money (although, maybe not this late in the cycle). All in all, I will have applied to 14 schools and as of today have decisions from 5.

Please let this process be over soon....

And what is this ridiculousness regarding seat deposits. I can't afford to pay a deposit at more than one school, so you Deans that are out there listening..if you don't let me in before April 1st, I'm not coming! Uuugghh.

emkay625

Postby emkay625 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Beatrice wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:I should have applied to Yale, Harvard, and Stanford. For undergrad.

I REALLY regret not applying to better schools for undergrad. My shitty GPA is a result of being at a school I hated and wasn't challenged by. I know that may not make sense to some people ("If it was so easy, why didn't you get a 4.0?"), but I'm the type of person who needs to be challenged in order to really be motivated.

+ 1

AliceB

Postby AliceB » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:37 pm

Chicago.....and wishing I had gotten my Stanford specific LORs in sooner, not that it would make any difference.

wocehtoom

Postby wocehtoom » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:39 pm

LawandOrder wrote:Med School

TITCR

Cakes29k

Postby Cakes29k » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:13 pm

Should have broken out of the T20-35 range. One reach school and a couple of definite $$ schools maybe...

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:06 pm

I wish I'd applied to Duke. Not because I want to go to Duke, but because they're admitting people super-fast, and it would calm my anxiety immensely to have an admit under my belt (or else cause a total breakdown with a reject, but if I would have gotten rejected from Duke I'm looking at a really depressing cycle anyway).

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:18 pm

wocehtoom wrote:

TITCR

I had a feeling...

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:43 pm

ntzsch wrote:
sufjan wrote:fewer

but also cooley to see how much they would pay me

cooley literally has a formula where you put in your lsat/gpa and it gives you a % amount that will be deducted from your tuition:

http://www.cooley.edu/overview/tuition.html

a 163 automatically is a 100% scholly.
a 153 is a 50%

other schools can learn a thing or two from Cooley in this case

thecubiclelife

Postby thecubiclelife » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:28 pm

traehekat wrote:
wocehtoom wrote:

TITCR

I had a feeling...

LOL. My sister, a resident, said to me, "As I get older, I'll work fewer and fewer hours. As for you...well..."

thecubiclelife

Postby thecubiclelife » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:57 pm

Another thought just popped into my head. How ridiculous would an MD-JD program look like? I've seen one law firm TV commercial with an MD-JD and he practices personal injury. But can't you do that without the MD?

BlankC

Postby BlankC » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:07 pm

thecubiclelife wrote:Another thought just popped into my head. How ridiculous would an MD-JD program look like? I've seen one law firm TV commercial with an MD-JD and he practices personal injury. But can't you do that without the MD?

Maybe he didn't think of that before he went and got the MD? Or maybe he couldn't find anything else to do with them both. :lol:

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:13 pm

Man I should have applied to . . . University of Cincinnati. Too late now.

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:17 pm

thecubiclelife wrote:Another thought just popped into my head. How ridiculous would an MD-JD program look like? I've seen one law firm TV commercial with an MD-JD and he practices personal injury. But can't you do that without the MD?

My brother has a good chance of getting into Yale Med School right now, and he says that it would be pretty easy to get into YLS for a joint degree. Of course, it really annoys me to think that he has a better chance of getting into my dream school than I do, and he's not even particularly interested in law.

thecubiclelife

Postby thecubiclelife » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:38 pm

tomhobbes wrote:

My brother has a good chance of getting into Yale Med School right now, and he says that it would be pretty easy to get into YLS for a joint degree. Of course, it really annoys me to think that he has a better chance of getting into my dream school than I do, and he's not even particularly interested in law.

Says the guy who got into Harvard.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”