please help asap on cornell app. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dudnaito

Bronze

please help asap on cornell app.

Post by dudnaito » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:52 pm

My file won't save because it constantly tells me that i wrote too much on the "why cornell" question. Even after i whittled it down constantly, it still said that, so i just deleted everything altogether, and it's still telling me that i have too many characters.. What's going on?

jks289

Silver

Re: please help asap on cornell app.

Post by jks289 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:53 pm

dudnaito wrote:My file won't save because it constantly tells me that i wrote too much on the "why cornell" question. Even after i whittled it down constantly, it still said that, so i just deleted everything altogether, and it's still telling me that i have too many characters.. What's going on?
Are you trying to write the two sentence answer? Or an entire essay?

booboo

Silver

Post by booboo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Consider going to the entry box and pressing CTRL+A and then pressing delete. There may be some hidden information. Is this on the LSAC site or somewhere else?

dudnaito

Bronze

Post by dudnaito » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:00 pm

jks289 wrote:
dudnaito wrote:My file won't save because it constantly tells me that i wrote too much on the "why cornell" question. Even after i whittled it down constantly, it still said that, so i just deleted everything altogether, and it's still telling me that i have too many characters.. What's going on?
Are you trying to write the two sentence answer? Or an entire essay?

the two sentence answer. For some reason i could write more, so i did. It became 4 sentences. When i realized that this wasn't a typical "why ___" essay and that it needed to be REALLY REALLY short, i whittled it down to fit within the 3 lines, but it still told me there are too many characters. So i got rid of it all... BLANK, and it still tells me that over 110 characters will be missing and cut off.

BTW, so there isn't a "why cornell" essay like a why upenn or uva essay?

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:59 am

You should be able to just click the screen off using the little X in the upper right (or upper left if it is a Mac). You will lose unsaved information but that should do the trick.

There is another threat about the short answers for Cornell. Most of them are wise ass answers like "because Cornell is the easiest T14 to get into", some are good answers.

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Did this work out in the end? Were the application gods kind to you?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”