Phone Calls for Admitted Students

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Yellowcard

Phone Calls for Admitted Students

Postby Yellowcard » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:57 pm

I've been admitted to quite a few schools now, but I can't help but notice as I look over the other forums that some people receive phone calls from people at the University or the Dean congratulating them on their admission to the respective school. Is this something that is unique to the person or unique to the school?

SAE

Re: Phone Calls for Admitted Students

Postby SAE » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:00 pm

Yellowcard wrote:I've been admitted to quite a few schools now, but I can't help but notice as I look over the other forums that some people receive phone calls from people at the University or the Dean congratulating them on their admission to the respective school. Is this something that is unique to the person or unique to the school?

school

lawyering

Postby lawyering » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Yellowcard wrote:I've been admitted to quite a few schools now, but I can't help but notice as I look over the other forums that some people receive phone calls from people at the University or the Dean congratulating them on their admission to the respective school. Is this something that is unique to the person or unique to the school?

It's a combination of the two. Berkeley, for example, has admitted some by phone and some by email this cycle. Some schools are strictly phone/email/snail mail and others seem to (for whatever reason) mix it up. Getting admitted by email doesn't mean the school is less interested in you.

SAE

Postby SAE » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:05 pm

lawyering wrote:Getting admitted by email doesn't mean the school is less interested in you.

Ha, if I got admitted to all my schools, I wouldn't care if the acceptances came written on toilet paper..

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 pm

I would ideally prefer text message...maybe in the future.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Ever heard of "second class applicant"? ;)

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:16 pm

SAE wrote:
lawyering wrote:Getting admitted by email doesn't mean the school is less interested in you.

Ha, if I got admitted to all my schools, I wouldn't care if the acceptances came written on toilet paper..

Credited.

Northwestern could have stamped "admitted" on a turd, and i would have been thrilled to receive it.

SAE

Postby SAE » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:17 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
SAE wrote:

Credited.

Northwestern could have stamped "admitted" on a turd, and i would have been thrilled to receive it.

I would frame that turd, too!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”