Switch to ED at UVA tommorow? Advice/Chances? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Grizz

Diamond

Re: Switch to ED at UVA tommorow? Advice/Chances?

Post by Grizz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:06 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:Stringer and blue, I appreciate your input.

To finish my story:
  • I woke up Saturday morning, ran to the post office, and overnighted an ED application.
  • I spent the rest of the weekend crunching the numbers, considering the job prospects, and, in general, fretting about the huge amount of debt I would incur if admitted.
  • I went to the gym this morning and decided against calling the Admissions Office and withdrawing all together. To be clear, I've had a crush on UVA since I first looked into the school. It is only the debt I was feeling ambivalent about. But when I began this whole process I told myself it was T14 or bust. And I knew that if I didn't do everything to reach my goal, I'd always feel like I let myself off easy.
I can't decide if UVA is the safe bet or the risk. It feels like the risk ITE. But either way, at 12:10pm this afternoon I became a member of UVA's Class of 2013! :D
Badass. Congrats man.

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:22 pm

rad law wrote:

To finish my story:
  • I woke up Saturday morning, ran to the post office, and overnighted an ED application.
  • I spent the rest of the weekend crunching the numbers, considering the job prospects, and, in general, fretting about the huge amount of debt I would incur if admitted.
  • I went to the gym this morning and decided against calling the Admissions Office and withdrawing all together. To be clear, I've had a crush on UVA since I first looked into the school. It is only the debt I was feeling ambivalent about. But when I began this whole process I told myself it was T14 or bust. And I knew that if I didn't do everything to reach my goal, I'd always feel like I let myself off easy.
I can't decide if UVA is the safe bet or the risk. It feels like the risk ITE. But either way, at 12:10pm this afternoon I became a member of UVA's Class of 2013! :D
Badass. Congrats man.
Thanks! I feel pretty badass today. 8)

EDIT: Edited for cool emoticon.

Stringer Bell

Gold

Post by Stringer Bell » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:20 pm

To finish my story:
That's awesome. Congrats.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:22 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
rad law wrote:

To finish my story:
Badass. Congrats man.
Thanks! I feel pretty badass today. 8)

EDIT: Edited for cool emoticon.
I mean, congrats - but way to do your victory dance in the thread of somebody who didn't get in :P

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:40 pm

disco_barred wrote:I mean, congrats - but way to do your victory dance in the thread of somebody who didn't get in :P
:oops: Cupidity already hates me from the BU thread. (Not for real though, I don't think.) But he's in at BU and happy. It was just the most appropriate place for my original post when I had no idea what I was going to do.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”