Fulbright Finalist - Worth Notifying? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mrduval

New

Fulbright Finalist - Worth Notifying?

Post by mrduval » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi all!

I was wondering everyone's opinion on whether someone should notify schools if he or she makes it to the final round of the Fulbright application process. Is it worth notifying schools or pointless since you still may not even win the fellowship?

Thanks for your help!

Laina

Bronze

Re: Fulbright Finalist - Worth Notifying?

Post by Laina » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:01 pm

I don't think it would be helpful; the school may assume you'll pull out anyway to take the fellowship and apply again with better softs next year and reject you.

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:04 pm

Congrats! But no...I generally think you shouldn't tell people about these type of thngs until the selection process is over.

If you take the fulbright, you'll be jetting off for awhile and applying with an amazing soft...if you don't get it, if you tell them they'll assume law school will be a second choice and be a bit wary.

thsmthcrmnl

Bronze

Post by thsmthcrmnl » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:21 pm

Related question: supposing you were a finalist, but not eventually selected, would you mention your being a finalist on law school apps anyway? Or is that a stupid soft since it shows you're not good enough for the real thing?

sven

Bronze

Post by sven » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:27 pm

thsmthcrmnl wrote:Related question: supposing you were a finalist, but not eventually selected, would you mention your being a finalist on law school apps anyway? Or is that a stupid soft since it shows you're not good enough for the real thing?
Yeah, definitely don't mention it if you're talking about a Fulbright. Rhodes/Marshall finalist is a different story.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”