can i fax LOR signature form to recommender?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dudnaito

can i fax LOR signature form to recommender?

Postby dudnaito » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:13 pm

then he/she can fax that straight to LSAC. ya know... fax a fax? shouldn't really matter, right? Kinda makes me wonder why i spent 60 bucks sending my LOR signature forms halfway around the globe unless i'm wrong.

I kinda outlined my situation on another thread, but this is what i REALLY need answered. I live too far away from my recommender, so even with the fastest fedex plan it would still take almost a week. I need this process to be instantaneous.

Chairman

Re: can i fax LOR signature form to recommender?

Postby Chairman » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:19 pm

Fax (or scan and email as a PDF) should be fine. I scanned and emailed two of my LOR form and my recommenders faxed them in; worked fine for me.

dudnaito

Postby dudnaito » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:47 pm

awesome, thanks.

Anonymous Loser

Postby Anonymous Loser » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:12 pm

What's wrong with just emailing the form to your recommender? Do they have access to a fax but not a computer and printer?

edit: After reading your previous LOR freakout threads, it's occurred to me that you are likely confused about the purpose your signature below the optional applicant's statement serves, and as a result are making your situation far more difficult than it needs to be.
Last edited by Anonymous Loser on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dudnaito

Postby dudnaito » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:22 pm

i am going to e-mail it to her. Hell, i didn't even realize we could fax it to our recommenders, so i didn't know.

Her faxing it to LSAC is the fastest way though, right? She can't just e-mail it, right?

My other recommender faxed from England and i think it only took 2-3 hours to process, and this recommender's from the states, so... Considering Monday's the deadline for some schools, cutting it a bit close, huh?

Anonymous Loser

Postby Anonymous Loser » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:30 pm

The fastest way is probably submitting the LOR directly to the school(s) rather than going through LSAC. Some schools may even allow for an email submission, especially if a hard-copy or LSAC-processed version is to follow.

alexjack

Postby alexjack » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Yes definitely why not.off course you can fax the lor signature from a recommender.I do not see any problem as i am doing this from a lot of time and having no problem a at all.

eatmyshorts

Postby eatmyshorts » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:20 am

they can fax in the LOR letters?

I thought they had to have them signed and put in sealed envelopes

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:03 pm

eatmyshorts wrote:they can fax in the LOR letters?

I thought they had to have them signed and put in sealed envelopes

Q: Can the LOR writer fax it instead of mailing?
Fax number is 1 (215) 504-1444.
LSAC has updated their FAQ:
"LSAC does not recommend faxing because the image of the letter is not always clear, and the barcode on the form can be distorted. Either of these problems can cause a significant delay in processing. If faxed documents are clear they will be accepted; however there is no guarantee."
I faxed all of mine and they were fine.

Q: Can you e-mail or fax the signed sheet to the LOR writer?
Yes.

--The FAQ stickied at the top of this forum.

Also:
Anonymous Loser wrote:The fastest way is probably submitting the LOR directly to the school(s) rather than going through LSAC. Some schools may even allow for an email submission, especially if a hard-copy or LSAC-processed version is to follow.

Most schools will not accept this.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”