Worth it to apply in Feb?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GordonBombay

Worth it to apply in Feb?

Postby GordonBombay » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:16 pm

I have a 3.18 undergrad and was testing around 165. I felt sick and had to leave during the games and got a 161 on the DEC LSAT. Since I have gotten much stronger in the games and P'tested at a 168, and am taking the FEB LSAT

I'm currently living in NY and working in TV, so my employment is by no means guaranteed. I really had my heart set on starting fall 2010 and have everything more or less ready to go for apps. Is it worth it to apply in Feb or am I really hurting myself?

Does re-applying put you at a disadvantage? If not then I think I have my answer. Im shooting for top 40, east coast...American, Mason GW and W&M are reaches, etc but also looked at Villanova, temple etc if I can get good money.

Additionally I grew up in VA, went to school in state undergrad, in state and wanted to know the chances of being able to apply as an in-state Virginian despite living in NY for 3 years.

Please advise.

MURPH

Re: Worth it to apply in Feb?

Postby MURPH » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:47 am

Don't know about the residency stuff but your best bet is to apply the very first week of the next cycle.

TTH

Postby TTH » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:16 am

GordonBombay wrote:I have a 3.18 undergrad and was testing around 165. I felt sick and had to leave during the games and got a 161 on the DEC LSAT. Since I have gotten much stronger in the games and P'tested at a 168, and am taking the FEB LSAT

I'm currently living in NY and working in TV, so my employment is by no means guaranteed. I really had my heart set on starting fall 2010 and have everything more or less ready to go for apps. Is it worth it to apply in Feb or am I really hurting myself?

Does re-applying put you at a disadvantage? If not then I think I have my answer. Im shooting for top 40, east coast...American, Mason GW and W&M are reaches, etc but also looked at Villanova, temple etc if I can get good money.

Additionally I grew up in VA, went to school in state undergrad, in state and wanted to know the chances of being able to apply as an in-state Virginian despite living in NY for 3 years.

Please advise.

It's extremely late in the game. I never looked at those schools so I don't know if they practice rolling admissions, but if they do, then they've filled a lot of seats. If you're not going to feel good about it unless you apply, then see if you can get some fee waivers out of them and go for it. Worst they can do is tell you no.

lawman335

Postby lawman335 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:18 pm

hey dude looks like your GPA is bit low , so i suggest you to apply u as soon as possible when the next cycle starts......

GordonBombay

Postby GordonBombay » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:31 pm

Thanks. I was supposed to retake the LSAT today but it got postponed, making everything tougher. I think Im just going to apply to the places I really want to go and if I dont get in, then hit the first week next cycle. Really a bummer, but working the hours I do just made the whole process tough to do in the time I had.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”