Curious about what my chances are for the T14!! Please help!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
silvertag15

Curious about what my chances are for the T14!! Please help!

Postby silvertag15 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:15 am

Hey everyone! I was curious about what everyone thought my chances would be for a T14. I have taken the LSAT and scored a 169 and by the time I apply, I will have a 3.67 gpa. It would obviously be higher if I waited until the end of December when I graduate...more like a 3.73 or 3.74. I am planning on applying for 2011. Should I wait to apply with the higher gpa, or apply for early admissions and hope that the 3.67 will be good enough?
Anyways, I have relatively decent softs (I think, although I am not sure). I am interning for my Congresswoman and working for a company as a manager for social media, advertising, and communication. I have also gone on countless mission trips around the world and work at my church. I am also a Gates Millennium Scholarship Recipient & Ambassador as well as an honors student and have acted as a guest speaker for the annual state honors conventions.
I graduated when I was 16, so as of now I am 19 and applying to law school. Law is all that I have ever wanted to do. Does anyone think my age would help or hurt me?
Right now, I am interested in Georgetown, Duke, Northwestern, University of Viriginia and possibly the University of Chicago ( I will also throw in Boston University even though it is not in the T14). Although, I will probably end up applying to most of the T14 and others, does anyone think my chances are decent to get into these top schools?
Thanks again everyone for your help. It is greatly appreciated. God Bless.

- Jordan

Oberlion

Re: Curious about what my chances are for the T14!! Please help!

Postby Oberlion » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:22 am

Our numbers are pretty similar. I think that you have a chance at all of those schools except for Chicago and Northwestern. The latter is out mainly because of your age. I don't know how that factor will help/hurt you elsewhere.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:32 am

I would apply first with the 3.67/169 and then update with fall transcripts as soon as they're posted. Your numbers are strong enough that you shouldn't be rejected before they come in.

Good news: I would say your chances are strong at Cornell, Duke, and Michigan. You could consider Michigan ED if you want to lock up a T10 school.

Bad news: The LSAT is 1 point too low for Georgetown, Penn, Virginia, and T6, while the GPA is too low for Berkeley, and you have no work experience for Northwestern.

silvertag15

Postby silvertag15 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:37 am

Dang. Sounds like the city of Chicago is one tough mother to go to law school in. I had heard that many times about Northwestern and work experience, but I wasnt sure really what they valued in those that didnt have much out of school work experience. Is the University of Chicago out primarily because of my LSAT or something else you think? Should I consider retaking the LSAT? I dont know if I want to go down that road again, but I think I can raise 3 points or so. Thanks for the response guys.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”