my day today....

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
meowmeow

my day today....

Postby meowmeow » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Every day,, I check my email every 5 min with the hopes of an acceptance email, but my favorite part of the day is checking my mail with the hopes that a big manilla envelope will carry my future...

So today, I went to check my mail and I see a large manilla envelope in my mailbox and my heart immediatley started racing, then I saw HARVARD LAW ADMISSIONS and almost fainted, until the voice of reason said, "hey, why is that handwritten?? and WHY does it say C/O My old boss?"

That is when I realized that my old boss thought it would be hilarious to send my W2 in that packaging!!!

sarlis

Re: my day today....

Postby sarlis » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:34 pm

meowmeow wrote:Every day,, I check my email every 5 min with the hopes of an acceptance email, but my favorite part of the day is checking my mail with the hopes that a big manilla envelope will carry my future...

So today, I went to check my mail and I see a large manilla envelope in my mailbox and my heart immediatley started racing, then I saw HARVARD LAW ADMISSIONS and almost fainted, until the voice of reason said, "hey, why is that handwritten?? and WHY does it say C/O My old boss?"

That is when I realized that my old boss thought it would be hilarious to send my W2 in that packaging!!!

hahahahah what a horrible joke to pull on someone!

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:34 pm

meowmeow wrote:Every day,, I check my email every 5 min with the hopes of an acceptance email, but my favorite part of the day is checking my mail with the hopes that a big manilla envelope will carry my future...

What an ass. That's below the belt.

ViIIager

Postby ViIIager » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:35 pm

Your boss is my hero. That's the freaking meanest and most hilarious thing I've read on TLS.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:37 pm

Just so you know, I think Harvard acceptances come in a Fedex box with a binder inside. Much bigger than a manila envelope. Besides that, there are JR1 and JR2 phone calls before acceptances.

meowmeow

Postby meowmeow » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:38 pm

Yeah tell me about it!! i didnt know if I should be mad or laugh... I laughed for like 20 minutes at what a moron I was!!

LOL an yes i know it wouldnt come in a manilla envelope but when you see and it says HARVARD LAW ADMISSIONS, handwritten or not, your brain just freezes!!! literally, freezes

Xnegd

Postby Xnegd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:46 pm

I did something like that once, it's evil, but works so well.

My old roommate kept saying I owed him money for the heating bill because he knocked out my window in the middle of a snowy winter and I had the heat on so I didn't die. It cost a lot but I thought the misery of the situation, and his fault, was due payment; however, he didn't.

I'm fair so I sent him the money...

Well, sent it in the subpoena forms my law firm uses. I spent all night writing up a fake 50 page Subpoena summary, listing fake lawyers he should talk to, told him that this was his first federal offense so bail would be set at $100,000, etc. I'm not in Litigation, I work with Future Waivers & Contract, so it was all coming out of my imagination, and I copy and pasted I think 25 pages from the OJ Simpson Trial.

Anyways, the very last paragraph of it all I said: "Above all this subpoena is in hindrance of the April First code of procedure: "April fools Bitch, here's your money, xoxo: fix the damn widow."

I got a very very very long voice message the next day.

Totally worth it.

Sorry bout your boss man.
Last edited by Xnegd on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meowmeow

Postby meowmeow » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Xnegd wrote:

I did something like that once, it's evil, but works so well.

My old roommate kept saying I owed him money for the heating bill because he knocked out my window in the middle of a snowy winter and I had the heat on so I didn't die. It cost a lot but I thought the misery of the situation, and his fault, was due payment and but he didn't.

I'm fair so I sent him the money...

Well sent it in the Subpoena forms my law firm uses. I spent all night writing up a fake 50 page Subpoena summary, listing fake lawyers he should talk to, tolds him that this was his first federal offense so bail would be set at $100,000, etc. I'm not in Litigation, I work with Future Waiver, so it was all coming out of my ass, and I copy and pasted I think 25 pages from the OJ Simpson Trial.

Anyways, the very last paragraph of it all I said: "Above all this subpoena is in hindrance of the April First code of procedure: "April fools Bitch, here's your money, xoxo: fix the widow."

I got a very very very long voice message the next day.

Totally worth it.

Sorry bout your boss man.

OMG so evil!! yet HILARIOUS!!
I mean when you think about it my boss played the perfect prank because he preyed on my desperation!! LOL

PS Im in my closet in the fetal position...crying

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”