last minute applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MURPH

last minute applications

Postby MURPH » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:01 pm

I am thinking of throwing out a few more apps. I requested merit based fee waivers at a few top 20 schools that I didn't apply to earlier in the cycle. Mainly I am looking for $$$$ and getting a little nervous about this cycle. Is anyone else planning on throwing a few more apps out there before the end of the month?
Last edited by MURPH on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: lsat minute applications

Postby 09042014 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:11 pm

MURPH wrote:I am thinking of throwing out a few more apps. I requested merit based fee waivers at a few top 20 schools that I didn't apply to earlier in the cycle. Mainly I am looking for $$$$ and getting a little nervous about this cycle. Is anyone else planning on throwing a few more apps out there before the end of the month?

Did you apply to UIUC, Iowa, Minn, Northwestern and Wustl? If not you should.

Good luck 3.0 gpa cycles can be crazy.

dk8

Postby dk8 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:20 pm

MURPH wrote:I am thinking of throwing out a few more apps. I requested merit based fee waivers at a few top 20 schools that I didn't apply to earlier in the cycle. Mainly I am looking for $$$$ and getting a little nervous about this cycle. Is anyone else planning on throwing a few more apps out there before the end of the month?

yeah man i'm doing this. if you have the numbers for the schools you are applying to you should be ok.

bitlrc

Postby bitlrc » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:22 pm

title of this thread = freudian slip?

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:24 pm

lsat minute applications

The LSAT has permanently scarred you, my friend.

I was thinking about the same thing, maybe add an application for UCLA. I'm only afraid that such last minute applications would be frowned upon by those schools, so I'd just be flushing my application fee down the toilet. If I don't get into any of the schools I already applied to, then I should take time off to work for a few years and reapply. I didn't even bother applying to safety schools, since I feel like I'd be settling and wouldn't enjoy my next 3 years.

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:25 pm

bitlrc wrote:title of this thread = freudian slip?

Yeah, I guess so. I fixed it now

dk8

Postby dk8 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:27 pm

luckyjd wrote:lsat minute applications

The LSAT has permanently scarred you, my friend.

I was thinking about the same thing, maybe add an application for UCLA. I'm only afraid that such last minute applications would be frowned upon by those schools, so I'd just be flushing my application fee down the toilet. If I don't get into any of the schools I already applied to, then I should take time off to work for a few years and reapply. I didn't even bother applying to safety schools, since I feel like I'd just be settling and wouldn't enjoy my next 3 years.

ha, didn't even see that slip.

I don't think applications before the established deadline are frowned upon. I mean, they set the deadline themselves. The real disadvantage is that because of rolling admissions, there are less seats and scholarship money available. However, as many unlucky applicants have seen, schools seem to take their sweet time with many people's apps even if they applied very early in the cycle. They do this so they can get all the applications in an take stock of their situation before they make decisions.

MURPH

Re: last minute applications

Postby MURPH » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:29 pm

I am probably only going to apply to more schools that give fee waivers. Texas, for example, does not give fee waivers after Nov 1st according to their web site so I may not even apply. I had to live in Texas for 4 months with the Army. So I may not apply there but there are a few others on my list like USC, WUSTL, maybe Emory.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:59 pm

I threw out at last minute to UT Austin. I am borderline on numbers, but when I saw my UCLA waitlist email I figured I might as well try.

Lurkster

Postby Lurkster » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:23 pm

I'm throwing out a couple last minute... Duke and Columbia. DING and DING!

jks289

Postby jks289 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Lurkster wrote:I'm throwing out a couple last minute... Duke and Columbia. DING and DING!

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:27 pm

I just submitted my app to WUSTL. I read that they had free beer on Thursdays...then I found out it was Bud. I applied anyway.

USC and Texas both said no for the merit based fee waivers. I may still apply to USC.

applying2ls

Postby applying2ls » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:57 am

Just applied to NYU and may do a couple more before Feb. 1st deadline.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”