NYU Visit?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
joelsimmons

NYU Visit?

Postby joelsimmons » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Hey all, I'm a wicked splitter at NYU this cycle, and so far have been deferred, with request that my updated transcript be sent in. Sent the transcript yesterday, should I make an effort and go visit the campus, try and talk to some people and see what I can get done? Or save my money and stay home?

joelsimmons

Re: NYU Visit?

Postby joelsimmons » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:07 pm

Bump, need to know pretty soon so's I can buy tickets, etc.

Sobriquet

Postby Sobriquet » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:45 pm

If I was you, I probably wouldn't just b/c the cost of buying a plane ticket is not really worth the effort when you could probably do it just through a compelling LOCI and a good updated transcript. I imagine you have a lower GPA? If that's the case, are your newest grades good?

That said, if you have an unlimited supply of money, it may help you a tiny bit. Plus you may want to visit anyway, prob kill 2 birds w/ one stone.

joelsimmons

Postby joelsimmons » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:40 am

GPA is solid, 3.9 LSAC. Last semester I dropped .2 (still contesting a B that I didn't deserve). LSAT falls pretty low in their admissions statistics. Definitely sending an LOCI, then I suppose I'll just look at my finances and figure it all out.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:41 am

NYU has taken a few 3.9/168's before. Let's hope your softs are good (undergrad quality, PS, LORs, ECs, etc).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”