last minute freak out - Geographic Regions, schools, etc?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
revrocksteady

last minute freak out - Geographic Regions, schools, etc?

Postby revrocksteady » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:43 pm

anyone else suddenly hit a wall of confusion or get freaked out about whether they applied to the RIGHT schools, about the geographic areas they applied to, etc?

I feel like the more I've gone thru this process, I have learned more and more about where I do/don't want to be (both with schools and how I envision my life). I tried to cast a wide net to see where I get accepted - still not sure because I am open to a few regions/major cities. I keep second guessing myself and thinking about the long term ramifications of this process. Not being a T14 person, I know where I go is going to be planting myself geographically in life. Anyone else find themselves looking at the rankings/maps to see if they should throw out a last minute, extra application?

Borhas

Re: last minute freak out - Geographic Regions, schools, etc?

Postby Borhas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:49 pm

nah... I'm good

iShotFirst

Postby iShotFirst » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Haha this is me exactly. same boat, knowing that where I apply/end up going is where I'll stay. I've done three or four last minute panic apps, even one just earlier this morning. To top it off, the place I was sure I was gonna go and worked hard to get into I'm now second-guessing... almost feel like waiting another year and using this experience for better preparation next time!

revrocksteady

Postby revrocksteady » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:57 pm

Good to know I'm not the only one!

I keep looking at the maps & ranking list, figuring out if I gave myself enough options around different cities. There are great schools in the city I am from, but I am realizing more and more that I don't see myself happy here long term. Is throwing me for a loop. Not trying to end up in the middle of nowhere, but there are still a lot of options. lol

I have a feeling that before the 1st, I'm going to send out a few extras. I can't tell if it is a waste in desperation or nervous logic. lol

hsprophet

Postby hsprophet » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Count me in the club as well. I just sent out another app yesterday. I thought my original list of eight schools was final several weeks ago.

kp009

Postby kp009 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:39 pm

I think I covered myself well in terms of apps. Now I'm just freaking about which school/region I should choose! Stressing over that with only a handful of acceptances so far and not knowing about $ from any of those is not helping!

MPMP

Postby MPMP » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:31 am

I'm there with you. Sent out a few more applications this week.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”