The BEST belong at Baylor! Baylor 2013... who else??? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LawyerToBe123

New

The BEST belong at Baylor! Baylor 2013... who else???

Post by LawyerToBe123 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Who else and where did you pick Baylor over? I'm sick of all TLS' obsession with "prestige."

I picked Baylor over UT and UVA.

Here's to the "Bootcamp of Lawschools"!!!

soullogical

New

Re: The BEST belong at Baylor! Baylor 2013... who else???

Post by soullogical » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:31 pm

I'm curious...

Why Baylor over UT and UVA? Are you in Texas and if so, why not UT? But congrats on getting in and even having the option to choose.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:52 pm

LawyerToBe123 wrote:Who else and where did you pick Baylor over? I'm sick of all TLS' obsession with "prestige."

The fact that you've already chosen begs the question... why did you ask for help choosing earlier today?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=105520

You sound full of fail, which means Baylor is a good place for you. It'll save a spot at UT or UVA for someone that will appreciate it.

LawyerToBe123

New

Post by LawyerToBe123 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:10 pm

vanwinkle, YOU sound full of fail. have fun at UVA. its so unprestigious i always just thought it was a big state school with NO academic prestige at all. i dont know why you guys at uva have your noses in the air, dont you know no one thinks its prestigious AT ALL other than you who go there?

ec2xs

Bronze

Post by ec2xs » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:14 pm

LawyerToBe123 wrote:vanwinkle, YOU sound full of fail. have fun at UVA. its so unprestigious i always just thought it was a big state school with NO academic prestige at all. i dont know why you guys at uva have your noses in the air, dont you know no one thinks its prestigious AT ALL other than you who go there?
I have to agree with vanwinkle. You chose your school. No point in making useless "help me choose" threads just so you can desperately seek positive reinforcement. A lot of people on this board have a negative perception of Baylor compared to your other choices, but if that's the place you want I'm sure you'll be happy there. No need to defend it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:14 pm

LawyerToBe123 wrote:Who else and where did you pick Baylor over? I'm sick of all TLS' obsession with "prestige."

LawyerToBe123 wrote:vanwinkle, YOU sound full of fail. have fun at UVA. its so unprestigious i always just thought it was a big state school with NO academic prestige at all. i dont know why you guys at uva have your noses in the air, dont you know no one thinks its prestigious AT ALL other than you who go there?
Who is obsessed with prestige again?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:15 pm

So I take it UVa and UT rejected you, don't take personally dude, it's just a numbers game
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:20 pm

You didn't answer his question, so I went and looked at the thread you started earlier. It looks like the advice you wanted was for you to choose Baylor. When no one suggested Baylor over UT, you dismissed their advice. I would also have said UT, for obvious reasons, but if you're set on Baylor I wish you the best. You can certainly be successful coming out of Baylor.

That being said, UVA is a great school and I know a large number of people who have never set foot in the state, much less on campus, who are well aware of their prestige. Your immature UVA bashing doesn't say much for you. Just go to the school you want to go to, be happy with your choice, and let other people be happy with their choices.

EzraStiles

New

Post by EzraStiles » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Sounds like a flame to me, as in this thread he fails to mention having received a full ride to Baylor, making me believe either a) he never got in to UVA or UT or b) well, a is really the only explanation I can think of. Why would you in a separate thread ask for advice and in this one unintelligently deride the other schools you were 'considering'?

This reminds me of that kid last fall who turned down Cornell for Penn State, with no scholarship or in-state tuition influencing him.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Shaggier1

Silver

Post by Shaggier1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:22 pm

vanwinkle, YOU sound full of fail. have fun at UVA. its so unprestigious i always just thought it was a big state school with NO academic prestige at all. i dont know why you guys at uva have your noses in the air, dont you know no one thinks its prestigious AT ALL other than you who go there?
Yes, those who go there... oh, and USNews, too.

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:23 pm

Definite flame. No one is excited about Waco or attending the fourth best law school in the state

hth

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:33 pm

kittenmittons wrote:Definite flame. No one is excited about Waco or attending the fourth best law school in the state

hth

Sogui

Silver

Post by Sogui » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:33 pm

Wow, so not only did you pick a much weaker law school... but you picked one in Waco over Austin?

Also, you came to a website called TOP law schools and are angry because we encourage you to attend a TOP law school or some piddling little third tier toilet?

Jesus, I think Baylor actually deserves you... have fun.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:02 pm

I know a lawyer who is a total moron and spends most of his time drunk, and even he named UVA as a top national school.
Last edited by kalvano on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Meh... you guys should be happy, leaves a spot at UT and UVA for someone who will actually want to go.

devilishangelrjp

Bronze

Post by devilishangelrjp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:35 pm

Sogui wrote:Wow, so not only did you pick a much weaker law school... but you picked one in Waco over Austin?

Also, you came to a website called TOP law schools and are angry because we encourage you to attend a TOP law school or some piddling little third tier toilet?

Baylor is tier 2, isn't it? Number 65 or something, right?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:47 pm

devilishangelrjp wrote:
Sogui wrote:Wow, so not only did you pick a much weaker law school... but you picked one in Waco over Austin?

Baylor is tier 2, isn't it? Number 65 or something, right?

Yes, it is.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hoopsguy6

Bronze

Post by hoopsguy6 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:52 pm

JordynAsh

Bronze

Post by JordynAsh » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Strange, I thought the best belonged at HYS-->CCN-->MBVP-->NDCG-->another 40ish schools-->Baylor.

If you want to avoid "prestige whoring", avoid TLS.

The Zeppelin

Bronze

Post by The Zeppelin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Flame.

Again.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:30 pm

JordynAsh wrote:Strange, I thought the best belonged at HYS-->CCN-->MBVP-->NDCG-->another 40ish schools-->Baylor.

If you want to avoid "prestige whoring", avoid TLS.
That part is actually from the school [strike]propaganda[/strike]literature. Last year Baylor noticed off CRS that I was in TX and had a high GPA, and sent me a packet in a huge colorful envelop that said "THE BEST BELONG AT BAYLOR" in huge print along one side of it.

It's their way of trying to make themselves sound important. That, and the fact that Texas governors and state representatives have gone there (almost universally Republicans). It's like Texas has its own localized version of Regent/Liberty. :x

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Baylor isn't that bad, if you want to stay in Texas. It does pretty well here.

However, choosing Baylor over UT is like choosing to sleep with Whoopi Goldberg instead of Evangeline Lilly.

Yimbeezy

Bronze

Post by Yimbeezy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:00 pm

kalvano wrote:Baylor isn't that bad, if you want to stay in Texas. It does pretty well here.

However, choosing Baylor over UT is like choosing to sleep with Whoopi Goldberg instead of Evangeline Lilly.

I would +1 you if you had been politically correct instead of comparing the republican lawyer diploma mill to a friendly minority lesbian. Maybe barbara bush over jessica simpson? That keeps it more texas, too.

More importantly, op is funny.

scionb4

Silver

Post by scionb4 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:11 pm

It seems to me that your nasty competitive nature makes you a perfect fit for Baylor, LawyerToBe123. Just make sure you hide those essential library books before someone else beats you to it!

adrib

Bronze

Post by adrib » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Congrats on choosing, OP! I hope you withdraw from UT ASAP so they will consider me, since I am totally a prestige whore ;)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”