Too soon to sign up for Credential Assembly Service?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
makingwaves

Too soon to sign up for Credential Assembly Service?

Postby makingwaves » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm not applying until next cycle and am taking the LSAT in June... basically, i'd like to start the process of getting a few LORs from teachers etc etc. Can I sign up for the CAS now and just update my undergrad transcript as I go along (i'll be a senior in the fall)? I've heard it can take some time to get all your ducks in a row and even though I have a while, I don't see any harm in signing up this early but wanted to get some advice from those who've been through the process!

thanks!

BenJ

Re: Too soon to sign up for Credential Assembly Service?

Postby BenJ » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:19 pm

makingwaves wrote:I'm not applying until next cycle and am taking the LSAT in June... basically, i'd like to start the process of getting a few LORs from teachers etc etc. Can I sign up for the CAS now and just update my undergrad transcript as I go along (i'll be a senior in the fall)? I've heard it can take some time to get all your ducks in a row and even though I have a while, I don't see any harm in signing up this early but wanted to get some advice from those who've been through the process!

thanks!

Go for it. I wouldn't bother sending in a transcript until you get your spring grades, though.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:23 pm

makingwaves wrote:I'm not applying until next cycle and am taking the LSAT in June... basically, i'd like to start the process of getting a few LORs from teachers etc etc. Can I sign up for the CAS now and just update my undergrad transcript as I go along (i'll be a senior in the fall)? I've heard it can take some time to get all your ducks in a row and even though I have a while, I don't see any harm in signing up this early but wanted to get some advice from those who've been through the process!

thanks!

I signed up in june of 2008. Didn't take the LSAT 'til Feb. '09, and didn't apply 'til Sept '10 for this current cycle.

I got all of my LORs straightened out, transcripts in, etc. I am so glad i did it like this. Do it. It will make your life easy.

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:25 pm

thanks!

Just a word of caution-- a lot can change between now and when you are applying tos chools. if you plan on having LOR's sent in, make sure they reflect the message you want to send when you do apply. i had a manager at work send in an LOR really early on- before my LSAT. I had to ask him for another as I was promoted between the original submission and when I was applying... Good luck!

makingwaves

Postby makingwaves » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:40 pm

tesoro wrote: It will make your life easy.

that's the goal :) thanks to all!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”