Percentiles based on accepted or attending

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kickincane21

Percentiles based on accepted or attending

Postby kickincane21 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:47 am

I was just thinking (I try not to do it too often) and was wondering if the 25/75 percentile numbers for law schools is based on all accepted students, or actual students attending.

I thought of this while reviewing the Fordham thread, but there are a billion similar examples. They might have a higher percentage of "accepted" students with high gpa/lsats but then a lot of those students may end up attending NYU/Columiba, etc. So the actual attending numbers might be lower. So the 75th percentile might be the actual top end of the "attending" students cause everyone above 75th percentile goes elsewhere.

Now don't start discussing Fordham, that was just my example but can be substituted for many other similar scenarios. Its the main logic I'm trying to clarify.

astro1819

Re: Percentiles based on accepted or attending

Postby astro1819 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:55 am

kickincane21 wrote:I was just thinking (I try not to do it too often) and was wondering if the 25/75 percentile numbers for law schools is based on all accepted students, or actual students attending.

I thought of this while reviewing the Fordham thread, but there are a billion similar examples. They might have a higher percentage of "accepted" students with high gpa/lsats but then a lot of those students may end up attending NYU/Columiba, etc. So the actual attending numbers might be lower. So the 75th percentile might be the actual top end of the "attending" students cause everyone above 75th percentile goes elsewhere.

Now don't start discussing Fordham, that was just my example but can be substituted for many other similar scenarios. Its the main logic I'm trying to clarify.

Numbers are for attending students.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”