BenJ wrote:WhatUpKells wrote:I'm in a similar situation as the OP, though perhaps more dire. I'm a 171/3.76 as it stands now, but due to a hard case of senior-itis last semester, I posted a 3.09 in easy classes. My degree GPA fell from 3.74 to 3.66. Now Duke, one of my lower end schools, is suggesting that I send in my fall grades, and I don't have a single acceptance under my belt yet. Do I stall, hoping to get an acceptance from another school first? Do I send it in directly to Duke, even though they asked for me to send it to LSAC?
Don't send them straight to Duke. Try stalling for a little while; a few people who got NYU grade requests last week were admitted before their undergrads even mailed their transcripts. Duke might do the same thing. You should get in somewhere in the T14 in the next couple of weeks; after that, send the grades. Unless Duke is your absolute top choice, in which case it may not be a good idea to make them wait.
Thanks-- not just for the advice, but for the reassurance that I will, in fact, get into a T14 soon. I need that more than anything right now.