Attention 0L's - I'm starting a blog

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cvs114

Attention 0L's - I'm starting a blog

Postby cvs114 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:26 am

Hello all - I decided to start a blog documenting my life as a law student. It's going to be very interesting and I'll be including lots of things I've learned and wish I had known before my 1L year. Its going to be a balance of social life/ school work. I tend to get very bored during my classes and think this will make for an interesting pass time (and hopefully entertaining for you as well!!) I just started it today please check it out! Leave me feedback about what you'd like me to blog about and I'll try and blog about topics suggested by my readers :)

http://prada-and-torts.blogspot.com/

Iuvo

Re: Attention 0L's - I'm starting a blog

Postby Iuvo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:38 am

At first I thought I was gonna come in and make a smartass remark about no one caring. But clicking on the blog and seeing how much potential it has, I am going to say that I have bookmarked your blog and will be visiting regularly.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:38 am

...didn't you already have a thread about this?

cvs114

Postby cvs114 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:48 am

@Biv0ns - Yes, I included a thread in the law school admissions forum - because I hope to post some days about things I wish I had known prior to law school as well as things I have learned. I think 0L's may find that interesting and hopefully learn from my experiences.

@Iuvo - Thank you!! I really appreciate that compliment! I think it'll be fun to update and I hope to make it fun to read and something people can enjoy! Feel free to let me know topics you'd like my perspective on. I really am going to try and make it a mix of everything in my life which includes law school.

Iuvo

Postby Iuvo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:28 am

Oh no problem! Although what you are planning to do has been done many times, the feeling I get when reading those blogs is that it's a bunch of text full of gobbledygook! If you can provide lots of pictures of you and your fellow 1Ls (and other law students) to capture the moments it'd make for something original!

Xizenta

Postby Xizenta » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:05 am

This looks interesting.
Last edited by Xizenta on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avacado111

Postby avacado111 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:23 am

when is your next blog post going to be up?

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:28 am

cvs114 wrote:Hello all - I decided to start a blog documenting my life as a law student. It's going to be very interesting and I'll be including lots of things I've learned and wish I had known before my 1L year. Its going to be a balance of social life/ school work. I tend to get very bored during my classes and think this will make for an interesting pass time (and hopefully entertaining for you as well!!) I just started it today please check it out! Leave me feedback about what you'd like me to blog about and I'll try and blog about topics suggested by my readers :)

http://prada-and-torts.blogspot.com/

Fashion + LS + T1 school in Northeast big city = OS alt?

TTH

Postby TTH » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:44 am

patrickd139 wrote:Fashion + LS + T1 school in Northeast big city = OS wannabe?

FTFY

DukeHopeful

Postby DukeHopeful » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:47 am

Xizenta wrote:people only care because you are a beautiful girl and you put up a poll about posting pictures.

Cleared that up a bit.

:wink:

DavidYurman85

Postby DavidYurman85 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:49 am

I thought OP was Operasoprana also.

OP: if it's any good I'll read it. I have a weakness for nyc/fashio/law-obviously. haha.

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:51 am

Please, no. This will further devalue the worth of a law degree. Prada? Are you f'ing kidding me? Do you know what else is going on in the country.... the world? Best case scenario for the OP: this trivial, superficial nonsense becomes popular, she's interviewed by Oprah, the country starts considering law students and anyone entering the legal profession as immature, superficial, retail-driven buffoons. Result: More wall-street explotation, further financial/legal market collapse, etc.

Please, no. If you want to blog about Prada.... go work for TMZ. To the rest of you who are investing a lot of time and money into a legal education for your future, consider the implications of supporting things like this.

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:55 am

Fuck this is so ridiculous I'm double posting. Prada and Torts? Hey China, come buy our country now, we're too silly to take it seriously anymore. Ok, I'm off to department store to totally get a new Ed Hardy T. Awesome! (fist pump) :( Maybe I'll blog about it when I'm, like, watching that one movie where that girl goes to Harvard. Yeah! :D

Cleareyes

Postby Cleareyes » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:58 am

reasonabledoubt wrote:Please, no. This will further devalue the worth of a law degree. Prada? Are you f'ing kidding me? Do you know what else is going on in the country.... the world? Best case scenario for the OP: this trivial, superficial nonsense becomes popular, she's interviewed by Oprah, the country starts considering law students and anyone entering the legal profession as immature, superficial, retail-driven buffoons. Result: More wall-street explotation, further financial/legal market collapse, etc.

Please, no. If you want to blog about Prada.... go work for TMZ. To the rest of you who are investing a lot of time and money into a legal education for your future, consider the implications of supporting things like this.

Eh. Legally Blonde already happened. This ship has sailed.

It's not like lawyers aren't seen as superficial now, and it's possible to be serious about both the law and fashion.

TTH

Postby TTH » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:59 am

Cleareyes wrote:Eh. Legally Blonde already happened. This ship has sailed.

It's not like lawyers aren't seen as superficial now, and it's possible to be serious about both the law and fashion.

This.

It's not like this further devalues the world's worst profession. Vaya con Dios, I say, just don't start threads on TLS about it.

avacado111

Postby avacado111 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:01 am

Maybe OS should write a blog. that would be awesome.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:02 am

Is Prada still 'in'? Because if I know about something it is usually fucked out.

TTH

Postby TTH » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:04 am

Desert Fox wrote:Is Prada still 'in'? Because if I know about something it is usually fucked out.

I really like the phrase "fucked out" as a synonym for tired, old, been done, etc. Good form, DF.

groundkontrol

Postby groundkontrol » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:09 am

Where are you attending law school?

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:24 am

Haha, no, I'm not the OP. She already has interviews lined up and I don't. Besides, if I tried to alt I would be called on it in approximately three seconds. I can't even make an anonymous three line post in the employment forum without people figuring out who wrote it.

I think what she's doing is really cool, and I support her desire to take an atypical path for a law student. There is a lot of pressure on all of us to conform to the herd mentality, and OP has essentially refused to give up her personality in order to fit the confines of this conservative profession. I have no desire to tear her down, and I hope her blog is very successful. Moreover, she's doing some pretty credited things... an interview at a public defender's office?

I support her and wish her the best with this. The job search is stressful for everyone, and she's found a unique outlet.

Yimbeezy

Postby Yimbeezy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:36 am

Cleareyes wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:Please, no. This will further devalue the worth of a law degree. Prada? Are you f'ing kidding me? Do you know what else is going on in the country.... the world? Best case scenario for the OP: this trivial, superficial nonsense becomes popular, she's interviewed by Oprah, the country starts considering law students and anyone entering the legal profession as immature, superficial, retail-driven buffoons. Result: More wall-street explotation, further financial/legal market collapse, etc.

Eh. Legally Blonde already happened. This ship has sailed.

I think reasonabledoubt categorically takes issue with people who consider fashion serious. I have a hard time not agreeing.

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:16 pm

Yimbeezy wrote:I think reasonabledoubt categorically takes issue with people who consider fashion serious. I have a hard time not agreeing.

I don't necessarily disagree with the bolded, but every asshole with an internet connection has a blog about something. If it doesn't tickle your fancy, don't look at it. The Internet is an amazing thing like that. Although I suppose the OP should have expected to draw some ire when she decided to make a post or two about it.

FWIW, I doubt I'll read it. Books > blogs.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”