LOCI QUESTION Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
stayway

Silver

LOCI QUESTION

Post by stayway » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:20 am

I just got WL at GW as a PT student. GW is my #1 choice without a doubt; also the best school I've applied to ranking wise. I am on the waitlist not as a YP but probably because my lsat/gpa is low (159/3.33).

I have been researching about GW today but can't seem to find anything really relevant for the LOCI. I am still in UG and not sure about which area of law to concentrate in. However, I know for sure I want to go to GW even as a PT student (eventually moving to FT) because of its location and its decent prospect for biglaw jobs in DC (I want to practice in DC).

I want to ask you TLS users for some help. What do you like about GW? What is awesome about it other than location, prestige, and job-prospects?

I'm just not sure if writing the LOCI stating the two reasons and my 1000% guarantee that I will withdraw from every other school and attend GW is sufficient enough to put me on their admit list.

Any inputs?

Thanks.

stayway

Silver

Re: LOCI QUESTION

Post by stayway » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Bump

holydonkey

Silver

Post by holydonkey » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:31 pm

The Hippo is pretty cool. If you're liberal, Jonathan Turley.

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:06 pm

Anyone?

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:47 pm

LOCI can only take you so far. You need to say something about the school to show you have thought about it and feel it is the right fit. And you need to say (if it's true) that you will attend if accepted, no matter what. Beyond that, it doesn't really need to be a love letter. I know it is stressful feeling like it is your last shot at your dream and you are THIS close, but I took a month trying to find the perfect thing to say to Cornell and in the end that is the very best I came up with. If something has changed about you (a promotion, numbers, whatever) then say that. But in the end they know about their school, and your interest is really only relevant in terms of your commitment to attend.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”