Interesting application question.....

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
samiam123

Interesting application question.....

Postby samiam123 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:16 pm

So I'm applying to schools with my current LSAT score and think I have a pretty good chance of getting accepted. I figure, though, that I can re-take the LSAT in February and SECURE a spot in one of my desired schools if my score increases, but more importantly I'm hoping to get a nice scholarship from one of these schools.

The question is- I already sent in my apps and am waiting to hear back from them. If I get an acceptance from a school, then subsequently take the Feb LSAT and add the new (hopefully higher) score as an addendum, will they take the new LSAT into consideration for a scholarship- or once they accept/reject, they don't care about later LSATs??
Last edited by samiam123 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmaan

Re: Very interesting question....a must read!!!

Postby jmaan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:19 pm

this thread title is highly misleading.....
ur strategy is fine..go for it. the only issue you might have is schools holding ur app until ur retake

vanwinkle

Re: Very interesting question....a must read!!!

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:21 pm

This was not a "must read" and I do not think that such a thread title qualifies as puffery since it conveys a serious intent and is not from a poster with a history of satirical/humorous posting. Therefore I am providing you service of process that I am suing you for false advertising under Virginia state law.

samiam123

Re: Interesting application question.....

Postby samiam123 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:27 pm

changed the subject...hows that?

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:28 pm

I'm still suing you.

samiam123

Postby samiam123 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:29 pm

well i told the schools to review my app for addmittance before receiving the later score, and when I get it in March, Im planning on showing it to them then and asking them to consider a scholarship...

samiam123

Postby samiam123 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm

haha...damn. first post ever and Im already gettin sued!

monkeyboy

Postby monkeyboy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:32 pm

samiam123 wrote:haha...damn. first post ever and Im already gettin sued!

samiam123,

I have the same thing going on. I am retaking and I should do better provided I don't get rattled on the first section like last time.

Haven't you encountered some resistance? One school told me today that they won't review my file until the Feb score is in, regardless of whatever request I may make.

samiam123

Postby samiam123 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:36 pm

i havent had any problems, all the schools wanted me to do (fordham and cordoza that is) was send an email stating that i want them to review it NOW before the Feb score comes back...what schools told you that?

monkeyboy

Postby monkeyboy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:45 pm

samiam123 wrote:i havent had any problems, all the schools wanted me to do (fordham and cordoza that is) was send an email stating that i want them to review it NOW before the Feb score comes back...what schools told you that?

Utah said that they have to wait to review my file. Not a big deal. Others have said to send the email request. The people at Utah have been very helpful and nice, for sure. I think that is just a policy thing, which is understandable.

samiam123

Postby samiam123 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:00 pm

monkeyboy wrote:
samiam123 wrote:i havent had any problems, all the schools wanted me to do (fordham and cordoza that is) was send an email stating that i want them to review it NOW before the Feb score comes back...what schools told you that?

Utah said that they have to wait to review my file. Not a big deal. Others have said to send the email request. The people at Utah have been very helpful and nice, for sure. I think that is just a policy thing, which is understandable.

so are you planning on having them review it and them send in your latest lsat score?

monkeyboy

Postby monkeyboy » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:04 pm

samiam123 wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:

so are you planning on having them review it and them send in your latest lsat score?

Well, I think they're going to hold my file without reviewing until my score is in. I don't think there is another option.

I just hope that I don't hurt my chances by taking the Feb LSAT. I'm taking the Feb LSAT for a shot at scholarship money, but if I don't do any better, I could be in a worse position due to the later file review date.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”