Gotten a LOR through LSAC in the past month?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
doomcannon

Gotten a LOR through LSAC in the past month?

Postby doomcannon » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:04 pm

Physical mailed in mid Dec, resubmitted via Fax in early Jan. Still nothing posted online. Called LSAC and got nowhere.

Big lag? Should I ask my rec-writer to start faxing to schools? I really don't want to do that because it's a huge pain, but everything else has been in for a few weeks and I'm getting anxious.

Sauer Grapes

Re: Gotten a LOR through LSAC in the past month?

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SMUDallas2010

Postby SMUDallas2010 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:44 pm

Had one mailed last week that posted today.

DukeHopeful

Postby DukeHopeful » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:48 pm

I had two faxed in last week that posted within hours.

doomcannon

Postby doomcannon » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:54 pm

Thanks guys. I suppose I'll ask him to refax. I wonder what factors might be making it not go through:
    * 3rd rec to be submitted? Probably not, as I suspect the work involved in checking what # it is is almost as much as just processing it...
    * hard to spell both my name and that of the recommender? I doubt this due to the presence of the bar code...
My original "obscene # of apps" hypothesis seems negated by your two experiences. ?

UF Gators

Postby UF Gators » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:10 pm

doomcannon wrote:Thanks guys. I suppose I'll ask him to refax. I wonder what factors might be making it not go through:
    * 3rd rec to be submitted? Probably not, as I suspect the work involved in checking what # it is is almost as much as just processing it...
    * hard to spell both my name and that of the recommender? I doubt this due to the presence of the bar code...
My original "obscene # of apps" hypothesis seems negated by your two experiences. ?

I had an LOR faxed two weeks ago that never posted. I called LSAC and they said that the LOR form was distorted when it came through the fax and they couldn't scan it into my account. Maybe something similar happened to your letter. I had my recommender refax it last week and it posted a few hours later.

hsprophet

Postby hsprophet » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:55 pm

doomcannon wrote:Should I ask my rec-writer to start faxing to schools?

Ask the school first.

But I'd try to get them in LSAC first. Dunno about the lag. I can understand faxes getting screwed up, but a mailed-in letter not showing up? Maybe the USPS lost it or it was sent to the wrong address.

ApexChaser

Postby ApexChaser » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:02 pm

Definitely should keep asking around LSAC

My third letter of rec was around that time frame.... he finally sent it out via overnight. It processed by LSAC within 2 days, on Dec 16th.

ViIIager

Postby ViIIager » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:16 pm

ksgator wrote:
doomcannon wrote:Thanks guys. I suppose I'll ask him to refax. I wonder what factors might be making it not go through:

I had an LOR faxed two weeks ago that never posted. I called LSAC and they said that the LOR form was distorted when it came through the fax and they couldn't scan it into my account. Maybe something similar happened to your letter. I had my recommender refax it last week and it posted a few hours later.

If that's the case, I'd be pissed. I have the same game of "submit the LoR via mail and fax (twice) and have nothing happen." If LSAC simply didn't care enough to call/email me, I think that's pretty weak.

samiam123

Postby samiam123 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:29 pm

had one recommender send in his letter by snail mail last week, no response from LSAC. Yesterday, I FAXED in another recommenders letter that I received yesterday, processed IMMEDIATELY- go figure!

llawguru

Postby llawguru » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:55 pm

had one faxed last week posted within 3 hours. :P

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”