Sending additional LOR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ENGINEERD

Sending additional LOR

Postby ENGINEERD » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:31 am

I am sure there is a thread for this but I cannot find it. After completing my application on LSAC, is it possible to send additional LOR?? If so how, do I just reopen my application and add the letter?

ENGINEERD

Re: Sending additional LOR

Postby ENGINEERD » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:35 am

Oh ya... and can you add additional essays such as, Why "X"

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:10 am

You don't add LORs to your LSAC application; you tell the professor to send it to LSAC along with the cover sheet, and updated LSAC reports are sent to your law schools.

You need to e-mail the additional "Why X" essays to each law school and tell them to update your file.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:12 pm

im_blue wrote:You don't add LORs to your LSAC application; you tell the professor to send it to LSAC along with the cover sheet, and updated LSAC reports are sent to your law schools.

You need to e-mail the additional "Why X" essays to each law school and tell them to update your file.

Thanks for the info. I'm getting an additional LOR in the next week or two, and all my apps are complete. Will this/how much will this delay the processing of my applications? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to send or not. I think it'll be a really good letter, but if it might decrease my chances by pushing my application complete date back, I guess I can wait until I'm (hopefully) waitlisted...

Anyone have experience with this?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”