About The Resume: List Every Job?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
monkeyboy
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:11 pm

About The Resume: List Every Job?

Postby monkeyboy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:32 am

Is it important to list every job one has had since college? Will the bar examiners be interested in this?

User avatar
dextermorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

Re: About The Resume: List Every Job?

Postby dextermorgan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:34 am

monkeyboy wrote:Is it important to list every job one has had since college? Will the bar examiners be interested in this?

No and no. Resumes almost never include every job you've had.

User avatar
monkeyboy
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Re: About The Resume: List Every Job?

Postby monkeyboy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:38 am

dextermorgan wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:Is it important to list every job one has had since college? Will the bar examiners be interested in this?

No and no. Resumes almost never include every job you've had.



What about the space on the application where it asks for your last four positions? Should one list even those jobs that only lasted a month? I'm in sales and I've moved from Seattle to LA and back recently, and some sales jobs are obviously horrid, so a month may be it sometimes.

Thanks, btw. I was about to alter my resume in a most ridiculous way.

User avatar
dextermorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

Re: About The Resume: List Every Job?

Postby dextermorgan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:47 am

monkeyboy wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:Is it important to list every job one has had since college? Will the bar examiners be interested in this?

No and no. Resumes almost never include every job you've had.



What about the space on the application where it asks for your last four positions? Should one list even those jobs that only lasted a month? I'm in sales and I've moved from Seattle to LA and back recently, and some sales jobs are obviously horrid, so a month may be it sometimes.

Thanks, btw. I was about to alter my resume in a most ridiculous way.

Yeah, on the app you have to list whatever they want, be it last four or last ten years or from the time you were 18 etc.

User avatar
monkeyboy
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:11 pm

Re: About The Resume: List Every Job?

Postby monkeyboy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:52 am

dextermorgan wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:Is it important to list every job one has had since college? Will the bar examiners be interested in this?

No and no. Resumes almost never include every job you've had.



What about the space on the application where it asks for your last four positions? Should one list even those jobs that only lasted a month? I'm in sales and I've moved from Seattle to LA and back recently, and some sales jobs are obviously horrid, so a month may be it sometimes.

Thanks, btw. I was about to alter my resume in a most ridiculous way.

Yeah, on the app you have to list whatever they want, be it last four or last ten years or from the time you were 18 etc.


That's what I've done so far with the apps.

Should I submit an addendum explaining somewhat spotty employment?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests