Will Multiple Transcripts Be A Problem?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mpasi

Will Multiple Transcripts Be A Problem?

Postby mpasi » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:48 pm

I just realized that I have three different transcripts to submit with my application. How does that work out with LSAC? I'm taking some extra courses at a local community college now while finishing the last six hours of my BA through online courses at my university. How might that impact my LSAC GPA? Should I explain it in my addendum? And if you're wondering why I have three transcripts...I took college courses in high school, then transferred to one university and didn't like it there, and then transferred to my current one the following year. The CC I'm attending now is the same one I took courses at in HS.
Last edited by mpasi on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cubswin

Re: Will Multiple Transcripts Be A Problem?

Postby cubswin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:52 pm

mpasi wrote:I just realized that I have three different transcripts to submit with my application. How does that work out with LSAC? I'm taking some extra courses at a local community college now while finishing the last six hours of my BA through extra courses at my university. How might that impact my LSAC GPA?

It won't matter. Multiple transcripts are probably the norm. And whatever grades are on your CC transcript will be factored into your LSAC GPA.

mpasi wrote:Should I explain it in my addendum?

No.

mpasi

Postby mpasi » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Spanx. :P

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:19 am

mpasi wrote:And if you're wondering why I have three transcripts...I took college courses in high school, then transferred to one university and didn't like it there, and then transferred to my current one the following year. The CC I'm attending now is the same one I took courses at in HS.

I have more transcripts than you, and it hasn't affected me in the least. You'll be fine.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:22 pm

I have 10 transcripts...and I'll let you know if it affects me

mpasi

Postby mpasi » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Thanks guys.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”