is this necessary?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
secretasianman

is this necessary?

Postby secretasianman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:47 pm

Im a senior and took 2 classes last summer at a CC (pass/fail) and passed with no grades. I didn't report this on any of my apps since it wouldn't effect my GPA. Also, it hasn't even transferred over to my undergrad institution yet (transcript at CC held up because of a parking ticket). Do I need to report this once it transfers over even though it doesn't effect my GPA?

MURPH

Re: is this necessary?

Postby MURPH » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:52 pm

Yes it is necessary

secretasianman

Postby secretasianman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:55 pm

MURPH wrote:Yes it is necessary

what will happen if it doesn't get on file until I've been accepted to some schools? because it hasn't even transferred over yet and then I have to send it to LSAC which will take weeks.

secretasianman

Postby secretasianman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:08 pm

secretasianman wrote:

what will happen if it doesn't get on file until I've been accepted to some schools? because it hasn't even transferred over yet and then I have to send it to LSAC which will take weeks.

secretasianman

Postby secretasianman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:37 pm

secretasianman wrote:

secretasianman

Postby secretasianman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:51 pm

dang, starting to get the impression that this forum doesn't have very many helpful people :(

biggiemike000

Postby biggiemike000 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:55 pm

secretasianman wrote:dang, starting to get the impression that this forum doesn't have very many helpful people :(

I know what you mean man....I like to think that I have excellent writing skills BUT words can't describe the anger I feel when I wait 56 whole minutes without a second reply!

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:13 pm

secretasianman wrote:dang, starting to get the impression that this forum doesn't have very many helpful people :(

The answer is yes. It matters. If you want to take the risk, don't do it. But you might get burned. If you can't get it done before deadlines, then apply next year. It's already very late.

Nothing will happen if you get accepted before they learn about it, though.

And learn some patience.

Marisa5252

Postby Marisa5252 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:51 pm

BenJ wrote:

The answer is yes. It matters. If you want to take the risk, don't do it. But you might get burned. If you can't get it done before deadlines, then apply next year. It's already very late.

Nothing will happen if you get accepted before they learn about it, though.

And learn some patience.

agreed - it matters - it won't affect your acceptance or anything but you need to send them ALL transcripts because they ask for ALL transcripts. Not sending one will cause you problems down the road when you apply for admission to the bar.

secretasianman

Postby secretasianman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:17 pm

So, I should have the Community College that I took two classes at send my transcript to LSAC? sigh

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:10 pm

secretasianman wrote:So, I should have the Community College that I took two classes at send my transcript to LSAC? sigh

How many people need to say 'yes' before you get it? LSAC requires transcripts from every institution you've attended, even if you have only 'pass' grades. It's your own fault you waited so long.

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:18 pm

im_blue wrote:
secretasianman wrote:So, I should have the Community College that I took two classes at send my transcript to LSAC? sigh

How many people need to say 'yes' before you get it? LSAC requires transcripts from every institution you've attended, even if you have only 'pass' grades. It's your own fault you waited so long.

+1

I was placed on academic probation because I didn't care about dropping a few classes I took at community college, and had to explain it in an addendum. Reporting it lowered my LSAC GPA by .08, but I wasn't willing to risk getting caught trying to game the system.

OP, have the school send the transcripts.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”