Did I reach far enough?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bitlrc

Did I reach far enough?

Postby bitlrc » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:19 am

162/3.59

Not the most impressive numbers, to be sure, but after looking at it on lawschoolpredictor.com and seeing that they put me at about 24% chance at Cornell, I'm starting to think I may have shortchanged myself. Too late to do much about it now if I want a realistic shot, but just wanted some insight.

Here is where I applied:

Reach-W&M, UNC

Target: WFU, Temple, Villanova

Safety: PSU, Rutgers-Camden, Drexel, Seton Hall

najumobi

Re: Did I reach far enough?

Postby najumobi » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:26 am

bitlrc wrote:162/3.59

Not the most impressive numbers, to be sure, but after looking at it on lawschoolpredictor.com and seeing that they put me at about 24% chance at Cornell, I'm starting to think I may have shortchanged myself. Too late to do much about it now if I want a realistic shot, but just wanted some insight.

Here is where I applied:

Reach-W&M, UNC

i don't think you shortchanged yourself at all. in regards to cornell, you would most likely be rejected since you are below both medians. i'll have take a closer look to see where you stand with respect to the other schools but i think you have a good list. are you a nc resident?

bitlrc

Postby bitlrc » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:32 am

najumobi wrote:
bitlrc wrote:162/3.59

Here is where I applied:

Reach-W&M, UNC

i don't think you shortchanged yourself at all. in regards to cornell, you would most likely be rejected since you are below both medians. i'll have take a closer look to see where you stand with respect to the other schools but i think you have a good list. are you a nc resident?

I'm a NJ resident but open to practicing in PA/NJ or NC. I know not being a NC resident basically kills me for UNC, but I've always held the school in high esteem, plus I really enjoyed the atmosphere and surrounding areas during a visit in November.

lawschooliseasy

Postby lawschooliseasy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:43 am

I was also wondering if I should have applied to some better schools. I have a 3.6/166 and didn't apply anywhere ranked higher than WashU. I just don't want to have to pay sticker price, but recently I've been thinking that I should have applied to Cornell and banked on LRAP if I got admitted.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”