application fee waivers...how to apply

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
spearnreel

application fee waivers...how to apply

Postby spearnreel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:32 am

I have been fortunate enough to receive a fee waiver for LSAC services. I understand LSAC covers the first four of their application fees. How do I go about letting the law schools I intend on applying to be made aware of my fee waiver eligibility in order to see if I can have the law schools' application fees waived as well? Thanks!

TTH

Re: application fee waivers...how to apply

Postby TTH » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:18 pm

spearnreel wrote:I have been fortunate enough to receive a fee waiver for LSAC services. I understand LSAC covers the first four of their application fees. How do I go about letting the law schools I intend on applying to be made aware of my fee waiver eligibility in order to see if I can have the law schools' application fees waived as well? Thanks!

A good first step would be to e-mail or call the admissions office to let them know you have an LSAC waiver and ask how they want you to verify it. I don't know if schools can verify it directly with LSAC or not, but it is probably as easy as sending a fax or e-mailing a PDF of your fee waiver notification to an AdComm. Good luck w/ your cycle.

spearnreel

Re: application fee waivers...how to apply

Postby spearnreel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:17 pm

I will be calling all those in which I intend on applying. Thanks for the clarification and keep up with the good looks.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”