LOR question! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nematoad

Bronze

LOR question!

Post by nematoad » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:18 pm

i checked the search and couldnt find anything so here it goes. ive got a new LOR that is pretty awesome from an employer that I worked for for about 5 years. i wasnt thinking it would be very good so i wrote it off but he let me read it and... well he made me sound godlike. anyways my problem now is that ive sent out all my apps and they have for the most part all gone "complete". Is there any way to get one in this late? also do you send in a school specific LOR to the school directly or to LSAC as well?
thanks!
nematoad

joshhoward

Bronze

Re: LOR question!

Post by joshhoward » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:26 pm

i think normally you would go through lsac, but if your already "complete" it might be faster to send directly to schools 9you will obviously need multiple copies). you should definitely call the schools first. if you send it to lsac, it might take a week or two just for processing.

usuaggie

Silver

Post by usuaggie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:25 pm

nematoad wrote:i checked the search and couldnt find anything so here it goes. ive got a new LOR that is pretty awesome from an employer that I worked for for about 5 years. i wasnt thinking it would be very good so i wrote it off but he let me read it and... well he made me sound godlike. anyways my problem now is that ive sent out all my apps and they have for the most part all gone "complete". Is there any way to get one in this late? also do you send in a school specific LOR to the school directly or to LSAC as well?
thanks!
nematoad

a lot of schools let you send another letter every few weeks. I don't remember what schools let me do it (because i didnt take advantage of it), but just email/call them and ask.

angioletto

Bronze

Post by angioletto » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:14 pm

So to clarify, if your have already sent your apps and a new LOR comes in and is assigned to those schools will LSAC automatically forward the new LOR to the schools?

usuaggie

Silver

Post by usuaggie » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:14 pm

angioletto wrote:So to clarify, if your have already sent your apps and a new LOR comes in and is assigned to those schools will LSAC automatically forward the new LOR to the schools?
i'm not sure how it works, I think you might have to send them to each school, but i'd check the lsac site first

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

maritimus

New

Post by maritimus » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:39 pm

Can anyone confirm that if I have already submitted my apps and a new LOR comes in and I assign it to a school, LSAC automatically sends it to that school even if they already have the required number of LORs?

Many thanks!

usuaggie

Silver

Post by usuaggie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:23 pm

maritimus wrote:Can anyone confirm that if I have already submitted my apps and a new LOR comes in and I assign it to a school, LSAC automatically sends it to that school even if they already have the required number of LORs?

Many thanks!
Yes, somebody can, and that person is an employee of LSAC so call or email them instead of asking us to do it for you. SHIZAM.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:10 am

Yes, if you send another LOR to LSAC after your app has gone complete they will send it to the school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”