Will I lose my place in line if I send an updated transcript Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MY FILES!

New

Will I lose my place in line if I send an updated transcript

Post by MY FILES! » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:27 pm

I sent out my CCN, MVP, etc. a week or two ago with my (pre-fall-grades) transcript and everything's been received, but I haven't gone complete anywhere yet. Will I "lose my place in line" for completion and review at these schools if I send an updated transcript with fall grades to LSAC?

Edit: Does it matter that my resume lists my GPA from before fall grades arrived? (My school's a little on the slow side with posting grades, so I didn't want to wait for fall grades to come in and just sent everything off by mid-January).
Last edited by MY FILES! on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msbeautifulbasham

Bronze

Re: Will I lose my place in line if I send an updated transcript

Post by msbeautifulbasham » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:30 pm

MY FILES! wrote:I sent out my CCN, MVP, etc. a couple of weeks ago with my (pre-fall-grades) transcript and everything's been received, but I haven't gone complete anywhere yet. Will I "lose my place in line" for completion and review at these schools if I send an updated transcript with fall grades to LSAC?
omg. good question. I sent updated transcripts, but I never thought of that...

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:30 pm

MY FILES! wrote:I sent out my CCN, MVP, etc. a couple of weeks ago with my transcript from October-ish and everything's been received, but I haven't gone complete anywhere yet. Will I "lose my place in line" for completion and review at these schools if I send an updated transcript with fall grades to LSAC?
Well, LSAC will have to recalculate your GPA and then update schools with your new data. I don't know if schools delay review until that data arrives or not. It probably varies from school to school. However, just to be safe I would send transcripts to each school individually instead of through LSAC. It will be slightly more expensive, but definitely won't cause any delays.

MY FILES!

New

Post by MY FILES! » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Cavalier wrote:
MY FILES! wrote:I sent out my CCN, MVP, etc. a couple of weeks ago with my transcript from October-ish and everything's been received, but I haven't gone complete anywhere yet. Will I "lose my place in line" for completion and review at these schools if I send an updated transcript with fall grades to LSAC?
Well, LSAC will have to recalculate your GPA and then update schools with your new data. I don't know if schools delay review until that data arrives or not. It probably varies from school to school. However, just to be safe I would send transcripts to each school individually instead of through LSAC. It will be slightly more expensive, but definitely won't cause any delays.
That was my original plan, but certain schools - including the one in your avatar - specifically ask that all transcripts be sent through LSAC so they can run them through the magical LSDAS-GPA-recalculating machine.

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:40 pm

FWIW, I know I didn't lose my spot in line at Illinois.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”