Send new trans. straight to UVA to avoid delays elsewhere?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MY FILES!

Send new trans. straight to UVA to avoid delays elsewhere?

Postby MY FILES! » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:23 pm

I was waitlisted ED and pretty much figured I was not going to apply to law school at all until I received a much-improved score in December, at which point I began working on applications to other schools. My applications didn't go out until mid-January, and I don't want to delay their review another second by sending LSAC an updated transcript to process, but I also want to convey to UVA that I'm still interested in being considered for admission. The UVA website states that waitlisted students should send updated grades through LSAC; but could I just send UVA my grades directly to avoid delaying all my other applications? Perhaps I should not send a grade update and instead simply talk about my new LSAT score in my LOCI?

Thanks.

im_blue

Re: Send new trans. straight to UVA to avoid delays elsewhere?

Postby im_blue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:24 pm

No, only LSAC report transcripts are official. If you're on the WL, you won't hear from them for at least a couple more months, anyway.

hsprophet

Re: Send new trans. straight to UVA to avoid delays elsewhere?

Postby hsprophet » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 pm

If they tell you to send it to LSAC, then do it. I don't know why you think it will cause a delay. LSAC processes transcripts pretty quickly.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”