School Requested an LSAT Addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
even2flow

School Requested an LSAT Addendum

Postby even2flow » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:27 am

I got an e-mail last night from one of the schools I'm applying to requesting an explanation of a 5+ (but not much more) increase of an already weak LSAT score. I took the test 3 times, and didn't do well on it any of those three times, and I don't really have a fantastic explanation other than the standard I had no time (I was defending my thesis this same week, and I should have cancelled but didn't), I was sick, and then I suck at LSATing.

I did a little searching around the forum this morning, but the only LSAT addendum posts I saw involved people with significant increases, or different circumstances (cancellations, point drops, etc). I was hoping to let the scores ride, but now that I've been requested to give an explanation, I don't know what to say other than "I learn by doing?" That's the best I could come up with off the top of my head...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

booboo

Re: School Requested an LSAT Addendum

Postby booboo » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:46 am

If you have an opportunity to examine the multitude of posts regarding this issue from other posters (though they may not have a specific request from a school as you do), you will notice an obvious trend. Most improvement on the LSAT is driven by better preparation or better circumstances for testing. I would do my best to phrase something that is, above everything, succinct, but also portrays your improvement as a reflection of how your preparation for the exam became stronger after each examination. Many users post their LSAT addendum on this board and have others examine it, I suggest you do the same.

Good luck writing!

even2flow

Re: School Requested an LSAT Addendum

Postby even2flow » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:22 am

I was worried about saying "I studied harder" but I guess that's the best thing to say since it's the truth.

I posted a rough draft in the PS forum:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=104754

Thanks for the help.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”