Question for ED UVA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
billyez

Question for ED UVA

Postby billyez » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:56 am

A stupid question for a school I won't get into. But a question nonetheless.

It says that you will receive a decision no later than 15 days from the time you went complete. Well, I went complete about two days after I sent it (Virginia schools seem to have an amazing turnaround with applications) but there's no way my ED letter has been received in such a short time. Will I receive a decision 15 days after they receive my ED notification or 15 days after the completion date?

Also, how do you know they've received your ED form?

im_blue

Re: Question for ED UVA

Postby im_blue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:43 am

You receive a decision after your "ED application" is complete, which includes receiving the ED contract.

You can call them to confirm that they've received it.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:55 am

I was wondering the same thing. I sent my letter Monday so hopefully Ill know in two weeks.

Also a mega reach for me but it will be nice to hear something from a school even if it's a fat ding. At least I'll know that at least one school isn't using my app to hold the door open on smoking breaks.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:57 am

fathergoose wrote:I was wondering the same thing. I sent my letter Monday so hopefully Ill know in two weeks.

Also a mega reach for me but it will be nice to hear something from a school even if it's a fat ding. At least I'll know that at least one school isn't using my app to hold the door open on smoking breaks.

How much of a mega-reach are we talking about here? If you hit one median, you have a shot.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:01 am

I'm really praying they want to raise their LSAT median and have a glut of high gpa apps.

That or they still need to fill their tall awkward white male quota
Last edited by fathergoose on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:02 am

fathergoose wrote:That or they still need to fill their tall awkward white male quota

This late in the cycle, I'm sure this is the case. :roll:

In any case, a high-LSAT splitter usually does better than a high-GPA reverse splitter, especially later in the cycle.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:08 am

I hope so. I've got good softs and great LORs so maybe they will judge me with mercy.

To any trolling UVA adcomms: Plllleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeeeee let me in

No1ustad

Postby No1ustad » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:25 am

fathergoose wrote:I was wondering the same thing. I sent my letter Monday so hopefully Ill know in two weeks.

how'd you manage to send it on monday.... MLK?

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:27 am

No1ustad wrote:

UPS and Fedex don't observe MLK.

No1ustad

Postby No1ustad » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:28 am

im_blue wrote:
No1ustad wrote:

UPS and Fedex don't observe MLK.

Thanx. Damn! I need to remember that.

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:35 am

No1ustad wrote:

I generally don't trust my important documents to institutions that lose billions of dollars a year. I don't want any disgruntled mailmen using my app to balance his coffee table legs.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:36 am

fathergoose wrote:
No1ustad wrote:

I generally don't trust my important documents to institutions that lose billions of dollars a year. I don't want any disgruntled mailmen using my app to balance his coffee table legs.

I've read an article about a mailman who won the lottery, and instead of redeeming it in person, he actually mailed it to the lottery office, saying that he "had faith in the USPS." :shock: Even if that were true, who's to say the secretary at the lottery office won't take it and give it to someone else to redeem?

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:07 am

im_blue wrote:
fathergoose wrote:
No1ustad wrote:

I've read an article about a mailman who won the lottery, and instead of redeeming it in person, he actually mailed it to the lottery office, saying that he "had faith in the USPS." :shock: Even if that were true, who's to say the secretary at the lottery office won't take it and give it to someone else to redeem?

There are practical reasons why that specific scenario would not work. I would be more worried about somebody destroying it out of spite.

billyez

Postby billyez » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:24 am

fathergoose wrote:
No1ustad wrote:

That's more than a little unfair. The USPS loses billions of dollars a year for a ariety of reasons, but not because of a lack of performance. It's a lot more complicated than you'd think. As someone whose parents both worked at the USPS, I can say without a doubt that while it's a deeply flawed institution when it comes to it's management and in regards to it's union, it gets the job done.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”