Late LORs... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
windowshopper

New

Late LORs...

Post by windowshopper » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:09 am

Here's the deal:

My LORs are going to be late, very late. It's not my writers fault though, I just took forever to ask them and then give them the info they needed. Will law schools wait until all my LORs are in or will they accept/decline me without waiting for them? Should I call them and ask them to wait until my LORs are submitted/ processed before they review my application? Will this hurt my chances of getting in?

By the way are there any other schools ya'll think I should consider?
Last edited by windowshopper on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

lawimbecile

New

Re: Late LORs...

Post by lawimbecile » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:09 am

lol ur fucked

inordertologin

New

Post by inordertologin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:24 pm

such language...

hsprophet

Bronze

Post by hsprophet » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Your application is not complete until the LORs have been received. They won't review it until then.

Ask the writers if they can send the letters overnight mail (and of course pay the postage for them). Better yet see if you can prepay the postage and give them a ready-to-go envelope. You don't want to make it inconvienent for the reviewer. It's bad enough that they know you put it off to the last minute.

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:37 pm

I don't know how long the process of applying an LOR to a school on LSAC takes for the school to actually recieve the letter, but I know that if they fax the LOR to LSAC it should post the same day within a few hours.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Have them fax the letters. It will save you a ton of time.

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:39 pm

P.S. with your numbers + URM bump you shouldn't have any trouble getting into UT. No reason to dip down.

Scheveningen

New

Post by Scheveningen » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:41 pm

windowshopper wrote: Will law schools wait until all my LORs are in or will they accept/decline me without waiting for them?
To my understanding, law schools will not begin reviewing your application until all pieces, including letters of recommendation, have been processed. As such, if your letters are not received by the deadline, unfortunately your applications may not be reviewed at all. (However, many schools will continue to accept and review applications even after the deadline on a space available basis.) Good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”