(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:32 am
So here is my predicament. Early this fall I took decided I wanted to go to law school. I signed up for the December LSATs did a little research and took one practice test. On test day, things went okay. While I know this is part of how they test you, I messed up the circles at the end of the reading comprehension and on the fifth from the bottom I circled two on the same one so the next five were wrong when I should have gotten them right. I got a rather disappointing 163. My GPA is 3.68 and I think I could bump myself up to at least almost 170 if I study. If I took the LSATs again in June and applied as early as possible (maybe even early decision to my top school) would it be worth it? Right now my list is Fordham PT, Cardozo, Brooklyn, CUNY, Hofstra, and St. Johns (I want to be in NY). These are okay schools, but if there is a chance I could get into NYU, Columbia, or Fordham full-time it would probably pay off in the long-run even if I don't get any money. I will be 25 in June and I am a little anxious that I will be a little on the old end by the time I finish law school. I have application fee waivers to everywhere but Fordham and CUNY so since its only going to cost $200 I think I might as well just go ahead and apply. The question is, is it better to wait figuring I will at least bump up my score 5 or so points if not more or should I just go to the best school I get into this year? Everyone here seems to know more about this whole process then me so I am looking forward to some advice.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests