Thank you letter to admisssions counselors after a visit?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Norwood

Thank you letter to admisssions counselors after a visit?

Postby Norwood » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi, I just visited a few schools before the spring semester starts and I was wondering if its customary to send thank you letters to the admissions counselors that I've met with? I just thought it would be nice since I took up nearly an hour of their time.

Would it be better to just write a brief not-too-formal letter and mail it OR an email? Should I include my LSAC#?

Thanks!
Last edited by Norwood on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ughOSU

Re: Thank you letter to admisssions counselors after a visit?

Postby ughOSU » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:44 pm

My theory is letter because then they'll just throw it in your file. An email they have to print off, etc. and I would bet it has a lower chance of making it into your file.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:46 pm

ughOSU wrote:My theory is letter because then they'll just throw it in your file. An email they have to print off, etc. and I would bet it has a lower chance of making it into your file.

I don't think thank you notes will ever make it into your file.....

Norwood

Postby Norwood » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:26 pm

would it be wise to include my LSAC# on a thank you letter or does it come off as insincere as using the letter only to express my desire to gain acceptance?

ughOSU

Postby ughOSU » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:37 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
ughOSU wrote:My theory is letter because then they'll just throw it in your file. An email they have to print off, etc. and I would bet it has a lower chance of making it into your file.

I don't think thank you notes will ever make it into your file.....

but an email certainly would!!!

Better off just being extremely good looking like me, so they remember you as the only dashing and reasonable looking guy that walks into their office all day. Also, sexually harass whoever you talk to. Women love that, and it will get you remembered for sure.

e: also, throw the phrase "top choice" around in the thank you letter. I don't think LSAC acct. # matters at all. If they want to throw it in your file, they'll find your file. If not, then not.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”