First Year Law Books

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tiburon
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:22 pm

First Year Law Books

Postby tiburon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Is is illegal to post your scanned version of the first year law books for the general public to use as an electronic back-up of the ones they bought?
Last edited by tiburon on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: First Year Law Books

Postby fl0w » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:41 pm

umm...

this is pretty not legal. i sincerely hope nothing can trace your handle to your actual identity.

User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: First Year Law Books - Electronic versions here

Postby Kiersten1985 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:46 pm

Yeah, I appreciate the offer but I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole.

User avatar
echoi
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:15 pm

Re: First Year Law Books

Postby echoi » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:47 pm

fl0w wrote:umm...

this is pretty not legal. i sincerely hope nothing can trace your handle to your actual identity.


pretty good idea though.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: First Year Law Books

Postby fl0w » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:53 pm

echoi wrote:
fl0w wrote:umm...

this is pretty not legal. i sincerely hope nothing can trace your handle to your actual identity.


pretty good idea though.


in all fairness i'm not sure that scanning them is illegal as long is they are only maintained as personal copies (Fair Use isn't always clear). but i do know that posting links for the public to download is not legal (or, rather, could be construed as impeding the ability of the copyright owner to sell their work).

User avatar
realms
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:59 pm

Re: First Year Law Books - Electronic versions here

Postby realms » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:54 pm

Why not put these in bittorrent?

hsprophet
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:42 am

Re: First Year Law Books

Postby hsprophet » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:55 pm

tiburon wrote:Is is illegal to post your scanned version of the first year law books for the general public to use as an electronic back-up of the ones they bought?


Yeah, right. The intent is obviously to give the book out for free to others. Unless the OP is extremely naive.

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: First Year Law Books

Postby fl0w » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:59 pm

hsprophet wrote:
tiburon wrote:Is is illegal to post your scanned version of the first year law books for the general public to use as an electronic back-up of the ones they bought?


Yeah, right. The intent is obviously to give the book out for free to others. Unless the OP is extremely naive.


Regardless of your INTENT the effect is that it can impair the ability of the owner to sell new copies. sorry charlie.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], dannyswo, judill, tommypickles and 6 guests